• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

AtMyHands

Reaction score
This cardigan looks pretty slick. Also, I'm liking the navy pindot shirt he's wearing underneath. I suppose that'll be coming out at some point this fall.

Does anybody know the name of the style # of this piece? I'd like to purchase it, but I cannot find it on their website =(

Coopa

Reaction score
Does anybody know the name of the style # of this piece? I'd like to purchase it, but I cannot find it on their website =(

If you do live chat and send them a link to the picture, they might be able to figure it out.

SenorChang

Reaction score

The shirt is style# 20596 and the sweater is style# 95617.

SenorChang

Reaction score
Thank you, now off to hunt for the sweater! Too bad live Chat isn't available today =(

Just call 1-800-562-0258 and ask if they can do a We Will Find It For You.

lostintranslation

Reaction score

More like inverallan

This looks a lot better than the J. Crew variant.

Denim

Reaction score
How are the j crew chinos? Was thinking about buying a pair of gray jawnz but wasn't sure if I should buy the j crew or the RRL version

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How are the j crew chinos? Was thinking about buying a pair of gray jawnz but wasn't sure if I should buy the j crew or the RRL version

You can't compare J. Crew to RRL, not even close to being in the same bracket.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL selvage officer chinos are in a completely differen league than J Crew chinos. Both may be made in china, but that and color is about all they share in common (and yes, I have both...the J Crew's are my golf pants). RRL is worth the premium. If you can't see a quality difference there than you're not looking. Shirts get closer, but in most cases RRL still has an edge...though not in all cases as I've seen some great pieces from JCrew and some less than ones from RRL.

Newstyle

Reaction score

I still don't know. I'm a whore for herringbone and would certainly get the Harris if it was. The Moon looks really quite awesome but I already have a cashmere sport jacket in an almost identical (herringbone) colorway. Hmmm.

I just ordered the Colburn Tweed sportcoat in dark charcoal, we'll see how it is when it arrives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads