• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.Crew Fall/Winter 2012

milesbeyond

Reaction score
BS. After ordering on Friday morning during the 30% on $250 sale, they cancelled my order of the Chippewa cap-toe boots. Was in-stock and I even called them this afternoon and they said everything was okay and that it should ship by Friday. Now this.

Ugh. Guess I'm just going to buy Wolverine 1000 Miles.

SOLE

Reaction score

i had a pair of 484 chinos last year but gave them away after a few wears. it u have thick legs they are pretty tight, not to mention the rise is horrible IMO. no breathing room for the family jewels.

great post to username ratio.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BS. After ordering on Friday morning during the 30% on $250 sale, they cancelled my order of the Chippewa cap-toe boots. Was in-stock and I even called them this afternoon and they said everything was okay and that it should ship by Friday. Now this.

Wolverines are better anyhow. CXL ftw.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That sucks, wonder why. I was surprised that I didn't have that happen to my two pair of Aldens I snagged when the 30% off was working on them. Order sat for a few days without shipping and I thought sure they would cancel it but they showed up yesterday.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Would love to snag some wingtips. But since I've already blown quite a wad this fall/winter on two sport coats, a suit, and miscellaneous dress shirts and sweaters, I have to hold up.

For now, I'm making do with the vintage Sears wingtips I found in a local shop. Don't laugh. I compared them to the wingtips my J. Crew sales associate was wearing the other day, and they are very similar in appearance. They are also surprisingly comfortable. And they have the added benefit of looking broken in. And they were only $30.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone seen the navy cable knit cardigan? its pretty heavy and substantial, retails for $168. looks like a collab with W&B, but isnt. on sale i think its worth it. couldnt find it online though.

rclark

Reaction score
This year's selection is looking really slick!

Arnold Grape

Reaction score

What do you bros make of these? Haven't seen the blue in person and can't tell if it's more of a Prince Harry dancing in the congo vibe or if these are cool. Already have the Quoddy's, though.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

What do you bros make of these? Haven't seen the blue in person and can't tell if it's more of a Prince Harry dancing in the congo vibe or if these are cool. Already have the Quoddy's, though.

I like the color. I saw them in real life in the Raleigh, NC, and was very tempted. But J. Crew's pricing on these shoes, which are basically their knock-off of the Clarks desert boot, is a bit ridiculous.

Guus

Reaction score
Are MacAlister's really made in Italy. I know it says that but half the time I think JCrew is bullshitting when they claim these things along with their "Oldest Mills" tag line.

birdsg

Reaction score

yikes also ordered a pair of chippewas on Fri too with the 30% off. no cancellation email here yet. just backordered til mid Jan

Reaction score
We're making the transition from Fall/Winter to Spring/Summer in store.

Before it's all out, someone put together a full outfit from J. Crew and I'll purchase. I work there 25 hours a week and I think I get a warped view of how things look from being around it all the time. Keep in mind I'll be wearing CDBs with whatever outfit is put together.

'preciate the ideas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads