• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RishaStyle

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Rishabh. I am an Intellectual Property Rights Lawyer. I have been a long time lurker of styleforum and i have finally managed to acquire an account. Its a pleasure to be here. I have always been passionate about classic menswear and find that its deeply rooted within me. Even though my profession calls for being extremely conservative in dressing, i tend to experiment alot with colour, pattern and texture for an exaggerated yet understated and classic look. I do enjoy reading, understanding and experiencing technicals of menswear products as and when i find the time. Hobbies and interest include listening to jazz; watching movies; playing playstation games, talking about classic menswear and elegance in general. Hoping to learn and contribute to this amazing forum.

smuj

Reaction score
I'm Smudger. A self employed designer having worked mainly in transport design. Previous jobs include the interior for the Virgin Galactic spaceship, but my focus is now producing animated visions of the future for some well known brands. My only crossover into the world of clothes would be designing sports shoes. But the central passion that brought me here would be British craft. I generally just wear old Levis and Norwegian jumpers but am very particular about my british handmade shirts and shoes. I live just down the road from Northampton which has driven my passion for shoes. I love my Crocketts and Tim Littles but am fanatical about all thing Trickers. I have more than any one man needs, but that does not stop me seeking more. I have browsed this site for a year or two but now it is time to take an active part.

geekrestored

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Laykan from the Washington DC Metro area. Lover of all things men's fashion and also a Stylist/Consultant, hope to learn as much from you all.

You can check out my blog at geekrestored.com

Last edited:

Horses

Reaction score
Hello,

I appreciate clothing and beautifully crafted and designed things in general, like woodworking and landscaping.

For the past few years, I have been working with my business casual style for work. I am very skinny (5'11 and 135 pounds), and I've struggled with clothes that are too big. I've found J crew extra small slim casual shirts seem to work, except I need to wear them using magnetuck (fantastic product for keeping shirts tucked https://magnetuck.com) or they would never stay tucked.

I'm frequently complimented on the colors and patterns I choose for clothes. I generally feel comfortable with this, but I'm not good with fit. I would like to submit photos and hopefully forum members will be willing to share advice on the fit.

I'm looking forward to participating.

Last edited:

BlueCord

Reaction score
Glad to be here. Recently moved to Australia, found this forum from google. Generally, business casual but suits and ties are pretty common. Interested in men's fashion and shoes. I've done a bit of leather working as a family business and have a casual interest in building men's dress shoes. Looking forward to browsing the forum.

myserenade134

Reaction score
I'm Elle

I kick back in Perth, Western Australia.
I cant say i'm not interested in the world of men's fashion, hence the reason my ex partner had so many expesive items of clothing in our cupboard new and unworn for so long
I can say they are a total waste of space and bad reminder to me now days- if you guys out there 'get my drift'
So get em while they're hot boys- i'm sure any one of you could make them look ten time that :)

No, but please take a look - all items are NWOT (New Without Tags) unless otherwise stated, even still they'd have only been worn once and then drycleaned.

Thanks - I hope I can make at least one persons day with what i have to offer :)

Much Love

Elle
inlove.gif

myserenade134

Reaction score
Hi,

where abouts in australia are you?

A friend of mine has all things needed for a leather making business that he has never gotten up and running- i suppose he just hasnt found the right man for the job.

BCDShaw

Reaction score
I'm Braden, I just recently starting focusing more on my fashion and general appearance. I'm in my last year of university and I'm not really sure what else to post to introduce myself! Just let me know if you want to know anything else I guess!

g3org3y

Reaction score
Hi all,

Posting from the UK.

Self confessed Harris Tweed addict. Also love my shirts, ties and pocket squares.

Been lurking for a while and looking forward to contributing.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hello. I'm a new member but I have been reading the forum for a while now.

I'm relatively brand-loyal once I find something I like (Hermes for ties, Ferragamo for shoes, Montblanc for pens, Apple for electronics, Leica for cameras and Moleskine for notebooks). I like wrist watches too.

I work in a business casual environment but I choose to wear suit every day (no tie unless I'm meeting clients). Most of my suits are made-to-measure Brooks Brothers and a couple of bespoke from Gieves & Hawkes. I have about 30 suits currently on rotation but, as my wife recently pointed out, all of them are indistinguishable from each other as I don't venture outside of grey and blue, 2-buttons and notch lapel.

I travel 35-40 weeks out of a year for work (US, Europe and Asia). I'm based out of the midwest. Outside of my normal job, I like to eat, read and take photographs. I decided to officially join this forum to see if I can learn to venture out of my comfort zone, style-wise.

tctcheung

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a New member to this wonderful forum. My name is Tony and I am from the UK and like to dress smarter than the common norm in my line of work.

I do like my shoes and have already gained many ideas from this forum before joining. Unfortunately it is a guilty pleasure of mine.

I look forward to being part of many discussions in the future.

Thanks.

Tony

PrestonCR

Reaction score
Hi! I'm Preston, I'm an audio engineer and student based out of Fort Collins, CO(although I'm often in San Francisco and Austin as well). I'm a long time fashion enthusiast but have only recently allowed myself the confidence to dress more boldly. I tend to lean towards classic looks and patterns, but on lean, modern cuts. I currently own a very small wardrobe - a few nice coats(although a few need alterations), a couple pairs of trousers, and one complete(matched) suit, along with a number of accessories. Hoping to ease myself into a full wardrobe of good suits.

Can't wait to chat!

awhoward

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Andrew from Tulsa, OK. I currently travel the U.S. for work. I've always enjoyed style and men's fashion, particularly dress clothes and dress shoes. I started with a low budget and bought cheap stuff and made it look as good as possible. I started working for brooks brothers and then took on a part time job with Patrick James West Coast. Both companies greatly influenced my style and knowledge of menswear. I currently wear custom shirts and suits from R. Douglas Custom Clothiers in Sacramento. A fabulous company. My current shoe brands are Allen Edmonds, Magnnani, and Santoni. As far as ties, I typically wear Robert Talbott, Brioni, & David Donahue. I'm interested in exploring other brands and labels. Excited to find this great resource!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSC8