I just bought a... (non clothing item)

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Tokyo Slim, May 12, 2006.

1. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red "Mr. Fashionista"

Yup, Sheaffer OS balance - best part is the smooth flexible nib, on a Sheaffer!

Is that the special edition they came out with several years ago or is it vintage?

I have Sheaffers dating back to the early '20s, but have yet to encounter one with a flexible nib. That really must be something.

2. DNW

DNW Senior member

Love the Alpinist, such a nice watch

Nice Seiko Dark.

Thanks. [​IMG] Sometimes it takes me a double or triple look just to tell what time it is. Very comfy as well.

3. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

[​IMG]

The Paperpro 20 sheet stapler. Actually I tried it on 30 sheets and it was effortless. I love this stapler!

4. Matt

Matt [email protected]

do sunglasses count as clothing items?

Anyhow, picked up some Randolph Engineering aviator frames on ebay for like $14. Arrived today, took them down to the optometrist and got polarised lenses put in them for another $25.

Happy with that, they suit me and fit under my motorbike helmet really well.

5. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Is that the special edition they came out with several years ago or is it vintage?

I have Sheaffers dating back to the early '20s, but have yet to encounter one with a flexible nib. That really must be something.

Vintage, I'm not really into modern pens.

6. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

Anyhow, picked up some Randolph Engineering aviator frames on ebay for like $14.
    Ha! Again. our tastes converge. [​IMG]

7. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

That's the lens hood. It shades it from bright light sources to prevent glare and also helps protect the lens glass. It also looks cool. [​IMG]

I see! [​IMG]

8. redgrail

redgrail Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Goodbye, GPA [​IMG]

9. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

[​IMG] $49 bucks with the stand and a sustain pedal... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] just took 1/2 hr going through it and now there's only one key that doesn't work. Sounds cool as hell, I need to get some pedals to run it through now. If you don't know what this thing sounds like (I had never seen one) I'm 99% sure it's the same as the piano in the intro to APC's "Laundry".
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. It's a circuit bender's dream - every key has its own little circuit board, and the rest of the electronics are very simple and easy to poke around with. I'll probably be adding all kinds of weirdness to it.

10. Matt

Matt [email protected]

Ha! Again. our tastes converge. [​IMG]
    ahh dammit...at some point I would like to own something that is not either a rip off of something you own, or something that you just so happened to own before I got it!

11. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Very cool!
    Thanks, my friend came over last night with a Big Muff and Electric Mistress and we hooked it up through those. It sounds amazing. I'm going to go out today and get a volume pedal and probably something for tremolo and distortion. It makes nizzling sound pretty good.

12. humza

humza Senior member

Onkyo 7.1 Ch. Receiver (TX-SR576) [​IMG] And soon to be shipped to my place are: Harmon Kardon 5.1 Ch. (HKTS-15) [​IMG]

13. kronik

kronik Senior member

[​IMG] x 2 480 a piece, new, with the Live Search Cashback. Wish I'd done it at 30%. [​IMG] Thanks von Rothbart.

14. DNW

DNW Senior member

Picked up a slightly used D80 for a really good price. [​IMG]