1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

I can't stop sweating

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by frugle, Jan 9, 2008.

1. onion

onion Senior member

Have you considered talking to your doctor and perhaps getting a prescription for an antiperspirant stronger than OTC brands?

2. Taxler

Taxler Senior member

I tried it.....doesn't work for me.... it just made the sweat kind of goey.....weird.

Make sure you're using Certain-Dri and not the AM refresher; they're not the same thing. Also, it doesn't start working instantly. It may take a week or so before all the sweat glands close off.

3. mike22

mike22 Active Member

Go see your doctor and get a prescription for Drysol, it has really made my life a hell of a lot easier. - Mike

4. Henry Boogers

Henry Boogers Senior member

+1000
    I had the same problem when I was younger. I bought certain dri as recommended by my doctor and it worked great. As I got older I found I didn't have to use it anymore...not sure why but it worked great when I needed it. I have seen certain dri at sold at Walgreens and other type drug stores.

I was going to post this as well. Great stuff.

5. frugle

frugle Member

6. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

Listen to this one, its the only one that helped me, and it was as easy as switching to a different KIND Of deoderant...

addidas makes an anti perspirant deoderant that doesnt use aluminum, it is a new type of deoderant, and it works immpeccibly, it will change your life.

[​IMG]

Just try it, it will really help you...
    I suggest this to everyone who hasn't tried it, and has a sweating problem

I find them in my local CVS.

7. celery

celery Senior member

I'm just curious, but are you sweating like crazy while you just sit around watching TV by yourself?

Or is it when you are in "nervous situations"? Like in public or around other people.

If it's the latter, then treating yourself for a physical problem isn't really going to do you any good. Perhaps you have a slight case of agoraphobia.

I had a roomate my freshman year of college that had the same exact problem you do. Before you have surgery, maybe see therapist for social anxiety.

8. kakemono

kakemono Senior member

I have hyperhydrosis... but... it is on my hands where I sweat. It is to the point where, when at church, I have to keep my hand on my pant-leg so when shaking someones hand, my hand is dry. It is really embarassing shaking someone's hand with a wet hand... but just as 'wierd' is when someone holds thier hand out to you, you wipe down your hand.

I have looked into the surgery, but... the side-effects can be terrible.

9. Mr T

Mr T Senior member

I have also had a sweating problem for most of my life.

I used to fold up paper towels under my arms inside my shirts for important situations like job interviews. It worked of course but I couldn't really move my arms much.
    I am not talking small pit stains...I used to sweat all the way down to my belt. Very gross.

After years of yellow pitted t shirts and trying every AP I made the mistake of buying plain deoderant...no plugged pores and no alum. The next day I was dry like never before. Can one sweat more using AP? My experience is yes. That was several years ago and I haven't used AP since and never sweat through my shirt now.

10. rajesh06

rajesh06 Senior member

I have never been a big sweater - but recently I started using Gillette clinical strength. Its a bit different in that you have to put it on at night - but it really plugs the pores. In fact - I work out in the morning and dont sweat at all and My underarms still smell like deodorant after I shower.

11. TheRealAshland

TheRealAshland Senior member

it about your diet, what you put in its whats comming out clean it up a bit

12. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Yea I have almost the same issue, I sweat a lot at school and work mostly (but this is while wearing a t-shirt, dress shirt, and sweater on top usually) and still haven't figured out a way to stop it. I shave my underarms as well and I'll check out some of the stuff in this thread; it's not gotten so bad that it's a major problem but it's just annoying.

JB

13. jeldharr

jeldharr Member

This stuff is pretty expensive, but it works wonders for me. Use it for a couple weeks and I don't sweat for quite a while afterwards. If I start sweating, I use it again. Perfect.

14. fortune

fortune Senior member

This has been posted before so use the search button. But I've been using Maxim Anti-Persperant for the past year and a half or so and it works wonders. I shave my arm pits as to let it 'soak' in more and I just hate hair there. But w/o it I sweat even when I'm cold and sitting around. Using it at night before I go to bed stops the sweat for the next day. You can buy it for 13 bucks a bottle, not including shipping @ stopsweat.com. Lasts months. I'm just about to order a new one and the last time I got one was in early october.

15. GoSurface

GoSurface Senior member

Watching this video on repeat will do that to you. Feel the burn!

16. SoulPatcher

SoulPatcher Senior member

I seriously just moved to the northeast where its much colder to take care of my excessive sweating.

No idea how to fix it.

17. Sauwan

Sauwan Senior member

I have also had a sweating problem for most of my life. I used to fold up paper towels under my arms inside my shirts for important situations like job interviews. It worked of course but I couldn't really move my arms much. I am not talking small pit stains...I used to sweat all the way down to my belt. Very gross. After years of yellow pitted t shirts and trying every AP I made the mistake of buying plain deoderant...no plugged pores and no alum. The next day I was dry like never before. Can one sweat more using AP? My experience is yes. That was several years ago and I haven't used AP since and never sweat through my shirt now.
    I have to say, this might be worth a shot. A few months ago I switched to Toms of Maine deodorant, and it seemed to take my body a bit to adjust, but now I feel drier than normal. However, correlation does not equal causation and in my case it's probably more likely due to the cooler weather now. But, it might be worth trying.

18. FabricOfSociety

FabricOfSociety Active Member

Go see your doctor and get a prescription for Drysol, it has really made my life a hell of a lot easier. - Mike

I have to back this up 100%. My wife, who is a family practice physician, had not heard of Drysol. I found it through seaching everywhere on the Internet for a cure for underarm sweating that would sometimes even sweat through my jacket.

Drysol did what no other product could do. Period.

Word of warning. The instructions say to put just a little on at night. If you have my problem you'll ignore it and put "the usual amount" on. Brother, let me tell you, the stuff burns when you first start to use it if you apply liberally.

Ask your doctor for it by name, follow the directions, and you should stop sweating under your arms for at least one week at first. The next application will allow you to go two or three weeks without sweating.

Today I haven't needed to use Drysol in about 2 years.

19. j

j Senior member Admin

My mom has issues with night sweats and her doctor said that Effexor (an antidepressant) has been approved for this problem. You might do some research or ask your doctor about that.

20. aaronxxx

aaronxxx Senior member

Yea I have almost the same issue, I sweat a lot at school and work mostly (but this is while wearing a t-shirt, dress shirt, and sweater on top usually) and still haven't figured out a way to stop it. I shave my underarms as well and I'll check out some of the stuff in this thread; it's not gotten so bad that it's a major problem but it's just annoying.

JB

dude, it just seems like you are hot. try not wearing so many layers?