• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I can't stop sweating

TheRealAshland

Reaction score
it about your diet, what you put in its whats comming out clean it up a bit

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I have almost the same issue, I sweat a lot at school and work mostly (but this is while wearing a t-shirt, dress shirt, and sweater on top usually) and still haven't figured out a way to stop it. I shave my underarms as well and I'll check out some of the stuff in this thread; it's not gotten so bad that it's a major problem but it's just annoying.

JB

jeldharr

Reaction score
This stuff is pretty expensive, but it works wonders for me. Use it for a couple weeks and I don't sweat for quite a while afterwards. If I start sweating, I use it again. Perfect.

fortune

Reaction score
This has been posted before so use the search button. But I've been using Maxim Anti-Persperant for the past year and a half or so and it works wonders. I shave my arm pits as to let it 'soak' in more and I just hate hair there. But w/o it I sweat even when I'm cold and sitting around. Using it at night before I go to bed stops the sweat for the next day. You can buy it for 13 bucks a bottle, not including shipping @ stopsweat.com. Lasts months. I'm just about to order a new one and the last time I got one was in early october.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watching this video on repeat will do that to you. Feel the burn!

SoulPatcher

Reaction score
I seriously just moved to the northeast where its much colder to take care of my excessive sweating.

No idea how to fix it.

Sauwan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr T
I have also had a sweating problem for most of my life. I used to fold up paper towels under my arms inside my shirts for important situations like job interviews. It worked of course but I couldn't really move my arms much. I am not talking small pit stains...I used to sweat all the way down to my belt. Very gross. After years of yellow pitted t shirts and trying every AP I made the mistake of buying plain deoderant...no plugged pores and no alum. The next day I was dry like never before. Can one sweat more using AP? My experience is yes. That was several years ago and I haven't used AP since and never sweat through my shirt now.
I have to say, this might be worth a shot. A few months ago I switched to Toms of Maine deodorant, and it seemed to take my body a bit to adjust, but now I feel drier than normal. However, correlation does not equal causation and in my case it's probably more likely due to the cooler weather now. But, it might be worth trying.

FabricOfSociety

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike22
Go see your doctor and get a prescription for Drysol, it has really made my life a hell of a lot easier. - Mike

I have to back this up 100%. My wife, who is a family practice physician, had not heard of Drysol. I found it through seaching everywhere on the Internet for a cure for underarm sweating that would sometimes even sweat through my jacket.

Drysol did what no other product could do. Period.

Word of warning. The instructions say to put just a little on at night. If you have my problem you'll ignore it and put "the usual amount" on. Brother, let me tell you, the stuff burns when you first start to use it if you apply liberally.

Ask your doctor for it by name, follow the directions, and you should stop sweating under your arms for at least one week at first. The next application will allow you to go two or three weeks without sweating.

Today I haven't needed to use Drysol in about 2 years.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My mom has issues with night sweats and her doctor said that Effexor (an antidepressant) has been approved for this problem. You might do some research or ask your doctor about that.

aaronxxx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
Yea I have almost the same issue, I sweat a lot at school and work mostly (but this is while wearing a t-shirt, dress shirt, and sweater on top usually) and still haven't figured out a way to stop it. I shave my underarms as well and I'll check out some of the stuff in this thread; it's not gotten so bad that it's a major problem but it's just annoying.

JB

dude, it just seems like you are hot. try not wearing so many layers?

Louis

Reaction score
When you sweat, it means that there is usually an amount of heat that your body can't handle and is trying to find ways to cool it down, right?

I've also looked into that surgery for hyperhydrolisis. The one where they pinch or severe a nerve ending in your near your spine or something similar to that.
Just out of curiosity wouldn't that mean your body would find other places to sweat from?

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
goto the doctor, and they will prescribe you something like drysol that will fix it. i had the smae problem, used drysol and no issues. or you can just botox :p

thewildpig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Karo
Go see a doctor, maybe they'll suggest something like laser treatment to kill your follicles to permanently keep your armpits from crying stinky tears.

Perspiration has no odour. When bacteria begins to grow, that's where the odour comes in.

thewildpig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knugget
From my biology teacher, I would reccomend against the use of aluminum based materials (deodorants, anti-perspirant, and so on). He's read a great deal of articles that show a direct correlation between aluminum and Alzheimer's.

That has been proven untrue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads