• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I broke up with my gf (general breakup thread)

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by panlinjing
The friends thing doesn't really work out. You might be able to be cordial or friendly with them, but it's an oddity when two people are able to actually be good friends following a long/intense romantic relationship. My logic has always been that if you were able to be such good friends, the relationship probably wouldn't have fallen apart.

Originally Posted by APK
The friends thing doesn't really work out. You might be able to be cordial or friendly with them, but it's an oddity when two people are able to actually be good friends following a long/intense romantic relationship. My logic has always been that if you were able to be such good friends, the relationship probably wouldn't have fallen apart.

eh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
So you would have broken up with me too?
frown.gif

Eason is too pretty to have ever dated you.
laugh.gif
(no ****)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
For an ugly fat dude, my past is full of very attractive women. But no attractive men.......yet.
Just wait until Vox whisks you away to El Bulli. You're definitely putting out for that.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Is Vox a hottie? I always found it strange that he posted his muscle pics with his face cut out.
Talk to Rach. I'm sure he's got the pic of Vox in his racing getup saved next to his Christian Ronaldo pics.

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ad_infinitum
Hate to bump this one. It would have have been a year in a week. Any unconventional wisdom?

what about "everything will be gone. this will be gone also" by king Solomon?

ad_infinitum

Reaction score
' Everything will pass. But, where is the comfort in that. Love, Happiness and Life will pass. Is hope in the fact that everything will pass?' - Mesa Selimovic Meh. Sorry, not in the mood.
smile.gif

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Masturbate until your ******** are so sore you can't even bear to think about a woman.

Other than that, I got nothing besides the typical advice of moving on.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know nothing of your circumstances, but regardless of which party wanted out of the relationship, getting nostalgic after the fact is most likely trouble. I've developed into a sentimental guy, which is absolute poison to getting past a serious relationship.

You think you're making progress and then some silly thought hits you like, "Oh, a year ago we were doing this or that. And now **** sucks!" It's easy to do and will likely do nothing but marsupial your progress in moving on. I've been out of my last relationship for 13 months. I still have days where it hits me hard that it's over. It's tough, especially when I can't come up with anything I genuinely disliked about her, even when viewing the relationship from a postmortem viewpoint.

But I know ultimately it does nothing positive for me to stay hung up on any of it. Remember the good times and be thankful for them for what they were. Nothing more.

TheD0n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ad_infinitum
I felt like that at times, would bring it up than we would fight. Than I would rethink it... than I though it might be me who is demanding, than it was fine and I just enjoed being with her... I don't know, see above^ for stupid
smile.gif

I know this is a serious topic and all, but you really need to figure out the difference between then/than. This is incomprehensible the way you wrote it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur