• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6.5 miles yesterday with kettle bell work after. Evening runs make kettle bell work seem like a chore but I feel like I have to do some sort of weight training. Also runs are better when they are not 1hr post dinner.....

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.6 miles with the dogs. I did the first four at marathon pace, followed by a mile at threshold pace and .6 at easy pace. Temps were around 39.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 courtyard laps Sunday felt great to run outside and get hillwork in

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ACBC4DB0-CF8F-4D53-BEB1-5865F6843E84.jpeg

Horrible run today in the steady rain. Had to run fasted and dehydrated due to a busy work morning. Was nervous about getting in miles before my flight so I decided to make it a tempo day. The results were abysmal...I felt like I was working 3x as hard to maintain a weak sub-8 pace. Wanted to quit 5 minutes in, but my bullheadedness wouldn’t have it. Oh well...Live to die another day.

Last edited:

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5.5 miles this morning. Felt great as if I had not taken a 2-year hiatus. My only problem so far is stopping myself from going too far as I ease myself into running form.

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3 miles last night.

@Dusty Heaters Fasted morning runs are not too bad but I once tried a run after a 24hr fast and it was slow going.

I don’t know if it was lack of food, water, or the rain...but yesterday’s tempo run beat me up.

I know a lot of runners like to get fasted morning miles in. When I was in the marine corps, we didn’t have a choice, but I was running with a different motivation and was much younger back then.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Semper Fi @Dusty Heaters - I've been out of the Corps for more than a decade now and I still hate running or working out if I've ate anything more than maybe a cookie in the past 6 or 7 hours.

6.4 miles for me this morning. It was 75º at 5:00 a.m. (and super muggy) today. It's supposed to be about 20º cooler tomorrow morning though so maybe fall is finally here?

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
5 miles today on the mill splits for 3/4/5 of 22:24/29:57/37:46

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finished The Bourbon Chase Ragnar. Ran legs of 6.2, 6.2, and 5.0 miles all in the 7:30/mi pace. The two midday runs were not bad but the late night 11pm start in 40* weather and rain was not enjoyable.

Here is a picture from the start of the 3rd leg from Woodford Reserve distillery...yes we took in bourbon from various establishments.

Also in the pic is my new favorite hat. A Patagonia “Conquerors of the Useless” hat which encompasses these silly pursuits. I am looking for more but it seems they were an older line of products.

485D883D-6038-4B71-AC02-73697153B075.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads