• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many miles did you run today?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
yesterday: 22.7 miles, 3:05. Felt pretty strong mid-way, could have kept going but decided to not push my luck.

Rested today: baby woke up screaming at 12:30 and it took 30 minutes to calm her down. After that it seemed mildly stupid to try to run this morning on <4 hours rest the day after a long run.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cycled 18 miles again this morning instead of running. :( It does seem to help my foot though.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
10.8. PR for distance. Included a fairly brisk 10k in the middle. Had to stop and buy more water after 8 miles.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sam feel better man. At least YOU don't work in those germy schools. I swear, we have 40 8th graders jammed into rooms meant to hold 25, we're all getting sick. Plus we have one kid who sucks his thumb, picks his nose, etc...so his germs are EVERYWHERE.

Anyway, 11 miles for me today. One of those runs where I just started, and didn't know where I'd end up. Here's where I did:
42bef124.jpg

Brooklyn/Jerusalem Border:
5df61c75.jpg

ccc4dfaf.jpg

0beee24b.jpg

2299ab10.jpg
Brooklyn/Odessa Border:
58bb4a7a.jpg

65484a87.jpg

c901e997.jpg
America's First Playground:
cbfc9651.jpg

a98122d0.jpg

8d630265.jpg

b1aff8f7.jpg

82726752.jpg

373a02f4.jpg

96615b63.jpg

39c0d435.jpg

f68b1348.jpg

7de760ce.jpg

870f59a4.jpg

Socal got nuthin' on us. Have I mentioned how much I love where I live?

Short funny "white boy in the hood" anecdote, went into the bodega on Surf Ave and W22nd St across from the projects, its where my grandmother was born, and where my great grandfather opened up shop as a barber in 1911...as I was waiting for my hot tea, these two HUGE black guys walk in, one guy's entire mouth was filled with gold teeth, his whole ******* mouth, top and bottom. Welp, I thought I def thought I was getting robbed. I walked out with my tea embarrassed at myself. It does highlight the "otherside of the tracks" aspect that Coney has. Outside of Nathans and the train station and boardwalk are like Disneyland, one block past the Ballpark, one of the poorest projects in the city. Sad actually. Anyway...enjoy the pics.

SD1

Reaction score

I just came back from a pulled groin about a month ago.
I took three weeks completely off. If I had done so sooner than I did, I would have healed sooner than I did. Instead I acted like an idiot and tried to train through it, thus aggravating it and making it worse. After three weeks off, it felt 95% better but I can still feel it flare up occaisionally, and I have be very careful. I hope that helps, and I am sorry to hear that you strained yours - best of luck getting better but you really do have to rest. I learned the hard way. ALSO - they gave me Naproxen (mega advil) as an anti-inflamitory, but you could take like 800mg ibuprofen 2x daily as well.

Thanks for the feedback. Taking ibuprofen and leg seems to feel better, but gonna wait till the weekend to try running again.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3.5 on another nice night tonight. Was full-on sprinting the last quarter mile and hauling ass!

quevola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thomas: Nice long run!
Sugarbutch: Congrats on your distance pr - I think your ready for a half marathon.
NYR: Awsome pics - reminds me of The Warriors.

Me: 6 easy miles. Wrapped up week 3 of my training plan yesterday with 57 miles for the week.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thomas: Nice long run!
Sugarbutch: Congrats on your distance pr - I think your ready for a half marathon.
NYR: Awsome pics - reminds me of The Warriors.
Me: 6 easy miles. Wrapped up week 3 of my training plan yesterday with 57 miles for the week.

Thanks!

Today I got stuck folding laundry and dealing with the hounds, dashed out to the track with just enough time to bang out 6 x 800 with 200m recovery. About 6:40/mi pace, although the last two were pretty tough - and then I had to run home.

What's weird is that last week I ran 4 miles non-stop at 7:05 pace, no problem, but today 3 miles at 6:40 pace (in half-mile increments) leaves me huffing and hanging on. :/

mylesmyles

Reaction score
got in some solid runs over the weekend:

Friday - 6.64 miles in CP in 44:23
Saturday - GWB to the 9W Cafe and back along the long path 29.86 - miles in 4:38:37
Monday - 6.06 miles in Harriman State park in 1:59:33

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Myles, Thomas, Et all - training looks good guys!
Got out for mile reps tonight
5 x 5:40s w/ 3 mins rest. Annoying to remember doing 6 x >5:20 a few months ago and not even coming close. I will get there, but still, annoying.
Stomach totally cramped up.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
Thanks for the postive words - I'm getting there (yes I am aware that running ~30 miles on Saturday and saying "I'm getting there" is a bit distorted, but it's the reality of training for a 100 miler)

Ran 3.81 miles this morning in 25:57 - left knee was really sore, not sure why.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last edited:

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very Hilly/Warm 15 am (such a nice day for a long run I missed over the weekend)
4 PM with core/a few free weights.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads