• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

how many hours a week do you train or workout?

LucasCLarson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jgar030283
About 4-6 hours per week. I've been able to add about 15 pounds of muscle switching to BSN true mass.

ffffuuuu.gif

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
About 4 hours of weight lifting a week. If I felt I would see results from doing double that, I would in a heartbeat.

This.

I've been lifting for a few years, I feel like I'm in really good shape too (5'10, 170, sub 10% bf). I'm surprised everyone here does so much?! Is everyone in crazy good shape or something?

cez

Reaction score
i think i am in alright shape, just have an addictive personality and like eat a lot so work out more to counteract that. Taken today
4816334062_c98a3f9cbc_b.jpg
4816334544_2f07426b2a_b.jpg

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 1up
This.

I've been lifting for a few years, I feel like I'm in really good shape too (5'10, 170, sub 10% bf). I'm surprised everyone here does so much?! Is everyone in crazy good shape or something?

Well, it depends on one's goals, doesn't it?

I lift for less than 4 hours per week. I however spend 6+ hours doing other things - run, swim, GPP, etc. For me GPP is as important as strength. Strength with minimum hypertrophy and being a badass in the run and in water are the general goals..
lol8[1].gif

joei

Reaction score
I work out about 9 hrs a week. Just until recently did I start adding serious cardio. I need to lean out some....

6 Days a week - Each Day 2 Sets of 15 minute cardio, and 1 hr of strength training.

Monaco

Reaction score
only around 4 hours a week is all I need. One shouldn't spend more than an hour at the gym unless you're doing some type of glycogen depletion workout.

cez, that is some good definition, keep up the great work.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Right now its about 30min before work and 30min after work if I am riding my bike in.

Throw in a longer ride or two on the weekends (and sometimes before work).

I am not entirely convinced that a 30-minute commute ride is really something you can even call exercise. It works out to less than 30 minutes of hard riding (side streets, stop lights, etc). 30min of intervals sure...but I don't know if the straight-line effort commute counts.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Currently around 7 hours - 45 minutes of cardio in the morning 6 days a week and then lifting 3 days a week which are usually about 45 mins long.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
ran 7.35 miles in CP last night in 51:17. it was nice do get 2 runs in the same day. for those that do double sessions - do you find your secondrun to be moe productive than your first run?

Sunnydale

Reaction score
I'd guess typically 1 hour a day working out, so 7 hours a week. On vacation this week and next, so get to be as lazy as I want at the moment though.

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1 hour. 20 minutes a day, 3 times a week is all I need to be in the best shape of my life!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads