• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

House of Cards on Netflix

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I enjoyed it. Didn't really care for the Doug Stamper plot line. The Underwoods though continue to be supremely crazy and interesting to watch.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The threechum scene just creeped me the hell out. I saw it yesterday and had the creeps today thinking about it. The Stamper plot grew on me. I really liked him in the end. I want to see more of Seth. He's the perfect psychopath.

I thought it was kind of cute how they had the HoC video at the correspondents dinner and everyone nerded out over it. It's kind of like a cop who ends his shift then goes home and watches Cops.

I cherish every breaking the 4th wall scene. "Achilles was only as strong as his heel."

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel like the stamper plot will eventually have relevance (in the 3rd season).

I got a good laugh out of how they spun the picture of Claire.

flashback

Reaction score
the threechum scene was one of the most visceral, physically disturbing scenes I have ever felt watching something (both film & tv). it just felt so gross and… weird. I was definitely shaken for a few days after, and still get the yuck shivers when I think about it now.

KenRose

Reaction score
I'm a pretty "open" guy when it comes to not being homophobic and I agree, that was creepy and it didn't seem right at all. I'm sitting there thinking that how could those two men even have known...it just seemed unbelievable and out of character. Easily my least favorite part of the last two seasons and one that seem very contrived.
the threechum scene was one of the most visceral, physically disturbing scenes I have ever felt watching something (both film & tv). it just felt so gross and… weird. I was definitely shaken for a few days after, and still get the yuck shivers when I think about it now.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This show is so overrated. What a ridiculous show. Average at best.

And how the **** does this show not have one likeable character?

Last edited:

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a pretty "open" guy when it comes to not being homophobic and I agree, that was creepy and it didn't seem right at all. I'm sitting there thinking that how could those two men even have known...it just seemed unbelievable and out of character. Easily my least favorite part of the last two seasons and one that seem very contrived.

You did not know Francis and his wife were freaks? Show pretty much tells you Francis is at least bi on the episode where they name a library after him. *********, and loved one of his military academy homies.

Honestly, I like that subplot. More sex please. Gonna miss the deviant ********.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree about the threesome. Came out of nowhere. I wasn't shaken up by it but it was certainly bizarre. It's like they wanted to toss in a curve ball because they could. It would've been more interesting (if not predictible) if they took him under their wing like a son and it became a "blindspot".

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thought the season was awesome. Seems perfectly reasonable that a show like this would not have likable characters (although I find Rachel and several others likable)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads