• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FelixTheFinn

Reaction score
Sporting my new hopsack navy blue blazer in a combo with a formal shirt, printed silk tie, grey cuffed trousers and bespoke oxfords :D

Great fit Tom! As another man with a fuller figure, I quite regularly turn to your website for inspiration eventhough I don't speak a word of Polish. Would you ever consider making a post in English, for your non-Polish readers?

Felix

Tom Miler

Reaction score
Great fit Tom! As another man with a fuller figure, I quite regularly turn to your website for inspiration even though I don't speak a word of Polish. Would you ever consider making a post in English, for your non-Polish readers?

Felix

So far I had no idea I had readers from other countries so I didn't even bother to inform anyone on SF about my efforts in writing on my Polish blog :) Since I opened my own tailoring workshop and launched a shirt brand, I had to acquire a lot of knowledge focusing not only on aesthetics but also on the technical aspects of manufacturing clothes. The problem is that I have less and less time and I am not sure if addressing the international community makes any sense with so many big names out there writing about how to dress. Nevertheless, I will think of it :)

Tom Miller is a lesson in how men with large upper bodies can look excellent and avoid looking like they are busting out of their jackets.
When I present DB jackets in my Polish channels (e.g. FB) people instead of looking at it repeat the myths they'd always been told - DB are not for short men with large upper body.

The truth is that it all depends on proportions which in DB are regulated by the setting of your buttons. The trick my tailors used in that particular jacket boils down to the fact that the brass buttons are very visible against the navy blue cloth so they form, lets call it, a "secondary outline" of my body that catches your eyes in the first place (hopefully! ;) ). Buttons are arranged to form a proper V-shape which enforces its dynamics on the entire posture of my body. I had a second photo shoot on that day and I think its results show exactly what I mean. Have a look :)

As you can see, large part of my chest and obliques (on the left side in the picture) are somewhat diminished by V-shaped button setting and shape of the lapels. That was the concept behind it :D
... but of course bengal stripes, cigar and lake are part of the concept as well ;)

The true problem that I found with regard to this jacket is that my brass buttons scream for a golden watch and a golden cigar cutter which I currently (sadly) do not posses :p ;)

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

FelixTheFinn

Reaction score
So far I had no idea I had readers from other countries so I didn't even bother to inform anyone on SF about my efforts in writing on my Polish blog :)

The true problem that I found with regard to this jacket is that my brass buttons scream for a golden watch and a golden cigar cutter which I currently (sadly) do not posses :p ;)
You most certainly do have international readers, well more lookers at pictures than readers that is. Obviously one must match their cigar cutters to their jacket buttons, anything else would be a giant faux-pas...
rotflmao.gif

Felix

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
@Tom Miler great outfits and lovely photos. At first I misread your location as Portland and was thoroughly confused
happy.gif

@Braddock absolutely love that shade of green! Details on the fabric?

@Murlsquirl this is good but a tastefully patterned pocket square would make this great, IMO.

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This is nice, hope you're wearing dark shoes. :D

Thanks...who said I'm wearing shoes. I just put this on to take a selfie, post on SF, and go back to bed.

ComfortablyDumb, I wear a PS maybe twice a year and it's usually at some event...I don't disagree with you though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads