• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And tried a new morning spot, but the light is really yellow and it's harder to get the focus right.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(1) So buy trousers with a 40-42 inch waist instead of a 38 inch waist.
(2) Don't sew any buttons. Just buy a pair of clip-ons.

Cheers,

Ac

butbut.gif
Oh no he said it!

I'm just kidding! Okay, halfway kidding - there seems to be an anti clip-ons suspensers vibe on SF.

It's a nice one. Right @Murlsquirl ?

(seriously though, thanks for the hookup)

Oh damn, that's nice!

Still cold!

I never really took the time to comment, but I just wanted to let you know @Gerry Nelson that I really love the color combos you put out and your dedicated attention to pattern / fabric matching! Those cords are nice!

fing02[1].gif

Looking nice, Tom.

You are a bit heavy-set (as am I), but your clothes fit well and are not too tight.

Amen, we need more on #menswear communities!

Tom Miller is a lesson in how men with large upper bodies can look excellent and avoid looking like they are busting out of their jackets.

Yes he is, and so is the (sadly now-inactive) Ethan Desu / Ethan Newton - speaking of which, since he left The Armoury to go work for RL, he kinda stopped updating his blog and his IG account, which is kind of a bummer (at least, for me!).

Lovely jacket - yet somehow I'm still confused as to why no one gave you a hard time about your unbuttoned collar! Can't wait to see if you have any new suits and/or jackets in the making for F/W!

So far I had no idea I had readers from other countries ( … )

As you can see, large part of my chest and obliques (on the left side in the picture) are somewhat diminished by V-shaped button setting and shape of the lapels. That was the concept behind it :D
... but of course bengal stripes, cigar and lake are part of the concept as well ;)

The true problem that I found with regard to this jacket is that my brass buttons scream for a golden watch and a golden cigar cutter which I currently (sadly) do not posses :p ;)

I'm in Canada and check your IG account on a regular basis - liquor, cigars and #menswear for us "bigger" guys (with all respect) is all I need to cheer my day! If I may, tho, you mention having launched your shirt brand - I personally find the collars lacking - points are somewhat short, doesn't hide under the lapels, and lack "life" for lack of a better word. Maybe that's a regional thing, tho!

As for the gold watch - unless it's real gold (as it, not plated), I don't think it's worth it!
happy.gif

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love this, worth not spoiler-ing!

Plus, the lighting in your new selfie spot is good, but I would zoom in on the subject (you) as there's a lot of empty space (wall) that doesn't bring anything to the picture and it's harder to focus on your outfit.

Nice stair rail, though!

jcmeyer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love this, worth not spoiler-ing! 

Plus, the lighting in your new selfie spot is good, but I would zoom in on the subject (you) as there's a lot of empty space (wall) that doesn't bring anything to the picture and it's harder to focus on your outfit.

Nice stair rail, though! 

Thanks man! Yeah, I'll play around with the spot a bit. It's out in the common area of the building but a floor up from where any of the apartments are - so I'm just hoping the beep beep beep of the camera timer isn't audible :embar: The life of a selfie-er.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure even those who don't like clip-ons would agree that for the purposes of the proposed experiment he shouldn't go to the effort of sewing on buttons when he can spend less than $10 to try out the look.

Cheers,

Ac
smile.gif

I was just messing with you (I don't hate clip-ons personally, I just prefer buttoned braces, really). I understand what your point is, tho!

Cheers!

Braddock

Reaction score
Lovely jacket - yet somehow I'm still confused as to why no one gave you a hard time about your unbuttoned collar! Can't wait to see if you have any new suits and/or jackets in the making for F/W!

Thanks! Haha maybe just because I post mostly buttoned collars, so this is not my usual look. Actually I'm still having 2 summer suits in the making (Solaro and a mid blue glen check double breasted) and for winter I ordered a coat, 2 flannel suits (plain light gray and brown check double breasted) and a brown houndstooth Harris Tweed jacket. I guess that's all.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And tried a new morning spot, but the light is really yellow and it's harder to get the focus right.

That tops my JCM fit list, nuff said :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads