• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the larger and darker the checks are, the harder it is to find something that compliments it..the ones you wear Eliod are easier because the checks are lighter in nature (blue wise) and they are smaller so it is easier to pair something with it IMO...

agreed.

I agree that darker and/or larger makes it more difficult. IMO, it can work if a) the checks are large but light in colour, or b) checks are dark but small in size. Two (spoilered) examples of previous fits to illustrate this:

tcrzhzh.jpg

well qualified.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a bit of a "tribute fit," in that it combines elements that I was inspired to purchase or wear today by other SF members.

Overall look: Claghorn
Jacket: not-quite-navy Isaia Aquaspider, inspired by InStitches
Trousers: light grey Zanella, inspired by Betelguese on the Noodle thread
Tie: orange ancient madder, inspired by EliodA
Shoes: Bexley wholecuts, purchased on recommendation of Upr_Crust
Square: Finamore, purchased from Unbelragazzo
iPhone selfies that do no justice to the colors/textures: TheFoxx :)

There's an argument to be made for a white linen square in this fit, and I've been dinged for square use in the past, but I thought this worked; to my mind, square pulls in both the grey of the trousers and the pattern of the tie without directly matching either.

Last edited:

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hot in the shade. Triple linen. No socks. The summer 'stache is coming in nicely. I have mixed feelings about the square.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
heldentenor - i am honored. :cheers:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

It's hot in the shade. Triple linen. No socks. The summer 'stache is coming in nicely. I have mixed feelings about the square.
Great summer casual stuff! The horsebit loafers work great in this setting, no matter the aversion the forum holds to them.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a blog post. The jacket, tie, cufflinks, tie bar and pocket square are all from a service. I probably wouldn't wear this all in a single outfit, but I thought it expedient to do so for my post. What do you guys think of the look?

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a blog post. The jacket, tie, cufflinks, tie bar and pocket square are all from a service. I probably wouldn't wear this all in a single outfit, but I thought it expedient to do so for my post. What do you guys think of the look?

Obviously I'm a fan of the colors since I'm wearing the same scheme today (blue French cuff shirt, orange tie, blue jacket, light gray trousers), but I don't care for pinstriped jackets outside of a suit. Call me conservative. That is a great shirt, though.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where are the matching pants? An orphaned peak lapel pinstripe jacket can't ever look good, no matter how hard you try. It's the epitome of a business/'power' suit.

If you want a striped sportcoat you could go for a boating stripe or something like that. Having said that, the jacket fits you well, even though the lapels are on the slim side. I'm looking forward to seeing the full suit!

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously I'm a fan of the colors since I'm wearing the same scheme today (blue French cuff shirt, orange tie, blue jacket, light gray trousers), but I don't care for pinstriped jackets outside of a suit. Call me conservative. That is a great shirt, though.
Yeah, that was my biggest issue with the whole thing. Orphaned suit jackets get zero love. But TBH, I kind of like it here.

peepwall[1].gif

tinfoil.gif

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are the matching pants? An orphaned peak lapel pinstripe jacket can't ever look good, no matter how hard you try. It's the epitome of a business/'power' suit.

If you want a striped sportcoat you could go for a boating stripe or something like that. Having said that, the jacket fits you well, even though the lapels are on the slim side. I'm looking forward to seeing the full suit!
Ok, I recant. Death to orphaned suit jacket. They never sent me any pants and I don't think they're going to.
ffffuuuu.gif

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was my biggest issue with the whole thing. Orphaned suit jackets get zero love. But TBH, I kind of like it here.

peepwall%5B1%5D.gif

tinfoil.gif

I commend you for trying, but it doesn't really work. You might get away with an orphaned solid navy, windowpane or PoW/GP jacket, but pinstripes aren't really seen outside of suits. It instantly signals that you're wearing an orphaned jacket, even to people outside of SF. It's one of those looks you sometimes see during a night out: groups of guys wearing a pinstripe suit jacket with faded jeans and those ugly black loafers while standing in the back of line at a nightclub.

I hope you can return it, or maybe sell it online. You have so many nice items that this doesn't really add anything your wardrobe.

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I commend you for trying, but it doesn't really work. You might get away with an orphaned solid navy, windowpane or PoW/GP jacket, but pinstripes aren't really seen outside of suits. It instantly signals that you're wearing an orphaned jacket, even to people outside of SF. It's one of those looks you sometimes see during a night out: groups of guys wearing a pinstripe suit jacket with faded jeans and those ugly black loafers while standing in the back of line at a nightclub.

I hope you can return it, or maybe sell it online. You have so many nice items that this doesn't really add anything your wardrobe.
Agreed. All this stuff was free. I don't know if the company has the matching pants, but I'm thinking about asking them if I can buy the pants off them to make this a suit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads