• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:laugh:

top block i like a lot. pants seem to wide for my tastes, and i dont love odd pants that dark. DONT HATE ME!!!

Was about to post same comment, verbatim. I think trimmer pants would give the appearance of added length.
Please feel free to hate stitchman, however, should you see fit to do so.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'ma hate you, Stitchy. But just for a couple of minutes. All I can say about the buttons is that they are metal and brass-colored. Their actual composition is unknown to me. I'm considering swapping them out for horn or horn-like plastic because they make annoying noises (the sleeve buttons in particular).

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last tie of the week

Those baggy pants though iSad :(

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honey-colored horn or smoked MOP for the win, Sugarbutch!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lighter gray is nice, but still too baggy. Im sure o/o would disagree tho.

SB - Is the minute up yet?

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed.  All this stuff was free.  I don't know if the company has the matching pants, but I'm thinking about asking them if I can buy the pants off them to make this a suit.  

AAS, I like a lot of what you do, but in this case I would not waist your money on the pants. The slim peak lapel look is not good and you will regret it a couple years from now. Save up for a staple suit - plenty of good deals to be had out there.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Too much effort. I think cream/off white can look great with brown, but in order to quickly make the dark grey so light in photoshop it starts looking fake and a bit odd. 

Limitations understood (it comes off with a sickly green tinge on my monitor). As far as photochop slimming, was really just messin with ya.
Of course if a certain :foo: were to show up right about now...

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You're too much.

How many of your SCs are thrifted? I'm in awe of your jacket fits, if the answer anything more than 0.

Thanks. I'd say at least half of them are thrifted. I honor my tailor, he's worked on many of them. Sport coats tend to fit me pretty well. Pants on the other hand are the bane of my existence.

Señor Crust, I think your seersucker combo is wonderful, and I'm disappointed that more here haven't acknowledged it. C'est la vie...

Clags, the tie is pretty damned nice. I'm actively fighting the urge to buy it (and the similar navy/burgundy Bigi there).

AAS, the orphaned suit jacket is objectively a sin, but you're somehow making me like it. I think your generally outré daily style has softened up my critical faculties as far as you're concerned. Damn you.
smile.gif
Also, get the shoes.

thumbs-up.gif
AAS: defying odds since 2010.

AAS, I like a lot of what you do, but in this case I would not waist your money on the pants. The slim peak lapel look is not good and you will regret it a couple years from now. Save up for a staple suit - plenty of good deals to be had out there.

You may be right.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hot in the shade. Triple linen. No socks. The summer 'stache is coming in nicely. I have mixed feelings about the square.

I like this look on you AAS- browns and blues. Even better without the tie, IMO, which seems superfluous when you're not bothering with socks. .

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last tie of the week

Those baggy pants though iSad :(

You youngsters need to learn the difference between not-skinny and baggy. These are classically proportioned trousers that you've all seen many times head-on and had nothing to say about. This is what pants look like from that angle.

As for the color, I can't really do anything for the people who don't like the darker gray pants. It's apparently something you either like or don't. The suggested camel/tan is fine, but is a lot of brown, and one does not always want to look like that.

Stitchy, the minute had passed, but then you had to criticize my pants again, so there'll be at least another minute. :plain:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You youngsters need to learn the difference between not-skinny and baggy. These are classically proportioned trousers that you've all seen many times head-on and had nothing to say about. This is what pants look like from that angle.

lol ok

As for the color, I can't really do anything for the people who don't like the darker gray pants. It's apparently something you either like or don't. The suggested camel/tan is fine, but is a lot of brown, and one does not always want to look like that.

i dont dislike darker pants. but i think they are better in winter with a sweater, or with a SC that much lighter.

Stitchy, the minute had passed, but then you had to criticize my pants again, so there'll be at least another minute. :plain:

ok. how about now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads