• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color me bad. :lol:

9A8F3232-BEFF-4620-98ED-A58A083E5DC3.jpeg

76ADA2CC-FD37-4082-A83D-3A8ABCBA2AE8.jpeg

B311F4D2-5BB2-46D3-BAA0-5D034D3C257B.jpeg

59804D4C-29CF-4839-B2AA-5E0D4D6522CD.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

WoolyLamb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re really making strides. S&M jackets. Wool trousers. Looking good. I think the shirts are the next thing to tackle. This one looks the collar is too small for your neck and the collar points are too short and not spread enough to sit nicely under your jacket.
Thanks. Haha I wish things were more simple. I have a large adams apple which complicates collar fit. I am technically a 15 but almost all my collars are 15.5 for a better fit. I actually have been growing my dress shirt collection into some spread collars to remedy the issue you outlined. It wasn’t a big a problem until I got into 3 roll 2 jackets which I feel fit me better.

I got 2 blue oxfords and a yellow pinpoint to pair with my loud sport coats. Not to mention a good bit of trousers too.

I hope to remedy my shoe situation further next year. I need to pickup a loafer and a nice dark brown leather derby or boot.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather is just about perfect here in NYC today - mild temperatures and low humidity - and my husband and I are having friends over for a party this evening, in part to celebrate the visit of a friend from out of town, and also to celebrate the completion of my portrait (the artist is an invited guest this evening).

Our friend from out of town is making his first foray into evening wear, and, as it happens, another guest has just acquired his first tuxedo as well, so the dress code for the evening is "black tie optional". I recently bought today's waistcoat as well, so I am joining in the fun, giving it a test run with my "normal" tuxedo (a midnight blue one-button), in anticipation of a formal dinner next month.

Tuxedo - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Ede & Ravenscroft
Tie and stud set - Budd, London
Braces - Albert Thurston
Waistcoat - Favourbrook
Pocket square - Brooks Brothers
Shoes - Magnanni for Saks Fifth Ave.

View attachment 2027289

This past Friday evening, we had some friends over to celebrate the completion of my portrait by Stefano N. Curti, and also the presence in town of a friend in from Minneapolis. As it was, several of the guests had just purchased black tie outfits, and wanted an excuse to "test drive" them, which this party afforded us all. Towards the end of the evening, I also donned the silk dressing gown I bought earlier this year in London (at a very steep discount). New & Lingwood, the maker, often shows their dressing gowns on models in black tie, so - monkey saw, monkey did.

AndrewStefanoBruce.jpg
GroupPhoto1.jpg
OverheadGroupPhoto2.jpg
PXL_20230916_010034398.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20230916_010051829.NIGHT.jpg
PXL_20230916_011403281.NIGHT.jpg
Reflections1.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather has remained mild, if increasingly overcast today, but this evening, my husband and I are celebrating (one day early) our eighth wedding anniversary. After the sartorial blowout of Friday, anything I wear today will look positively like shorts and a T-shirt, but, there it is.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Harvie & Hudson, London
Tie - Paul Stuart
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Crockett & Jones

IMG_1423.JPG

IMG_1418.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_1422.JPG

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw some folks wearing tweed on Instagram. I decided to give it a go. I regret my decision. :lol: It wasn’t hot today, but it rained so it was humid. I finally got to use my new umbrella. It works.

13239328-0C95-4FCA-AEA0-D8703C369E34.jpeg

6F7C4E61-BD42-473A-9022-4CD430DD0A91.jpeg

B00744C2-A53F-4176-88DC-1B45093BA630.jpeg

9D3AA198-57E9-4091-B88E-97D6E9B36A3E.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics