• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Kind of you to say. I’ll pass your words on to the photographer.
Tell him/her that the composition also demonstrated a nice example of the Rule of Thirds and leading lines. Well done all the way around—an Esquire or GQ-worthy submission, if either of those publications hadn't lost its mind by mostly featuring clothes that no rational person would be caught dead in.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE="loarbmhs, post: 10695563, member: 157229"
... an Esquire or GQ-worthy submission, if either of those publications hadn't lost its mind by mostly featuring clothes that no rational person would be caught dead in.
[/QUOTE]
Spot on with this.
It’s absolutely laughable to see them both haplessly floundering around in a desperate search to try and find out exactly what their readership demographic is supposed to be.

Glenn O’Brien would be spinning in his grave!

beneven

Reaction score
Glenn O’Brien would be spinning in his grave!

I think there is a Youtube channel where you can actually watch this happening.

Crappy iPhone pics from the past week or so

IMG_2256.jpg
IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2270.jpg
IMG_2272.jpg
IMG_2285.jpg
IMG_2303.jpg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a chilly day today in Ohio, so I had to go back to flannels and tweed. Can't complain though.

View attachment 1599879 View attachment 1599878

Hello to a fellow Ohioan, and some unsolicited feedback:

You would benefit from a longer jacket, as well as a lower buttoning position. The longer coat would help bring better balance and the lower buttoning point would help create a bit more shape and show taper from the chest to waist. At present, the shape is a little linear from top to bottom.

This jacket is certainly serviceable and you pair it well. My feedback is largely focused on things to think about for the future.

jdhoop

Reaction score
Hello to a fellow Ohioan, and some unsolicited feedback:

You would benefit from a longer jacket, as well as a lower buttoning position. The longer coat would help bring better balance and the lower buttoning point would help create a bit more shape and show taper from the chest to waist. At present, the shape is a little linear from top to bottom.

This jacket is certainly serviceable and you pair it well. My feedback is largely focused on things to think about for the future.
Yeah, I'm not sure why this jacket appears short, because I've measured and it's exactly the same length as all my others—long enough to fully cover the seat. For instance, this navy one is the same length (and identical measurements and cut), but appears longer somehow. So I'm not sure what it is about the green one... Anyhow, I appreciate the feedback. I'll keep this in mind especially next time I have a suit made. For something smarter (rather than the more casual Neopolitan jacket), I agree that I'd want a bit more length.

DSC_0184.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads