• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CesarRenuan

Reaction score
i usually tie a double four in hand but with the tie fabric the knot ended up being a bit too small for the collar... so i had to go with the windsor
The tie could be good in a different context. It's about coherence. This outfit was calling out for a dark grenadine of some kind.

i usually tie a double four in hand but with the tie fabric the knot ended up being a bit too small for the collar... so i had to go with the windsor

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Been quite a day today...

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@Anden - Welcome back! Looking tanned and well rested!
@timotune - Always great!
@CesarRenuan - I like that tie, I've got something similar in my collection.
@Uunottaja - I always enjoy your posts on tumblr and IG, good to have you back here as well!
@Cleav - Impeccable as always + I love the pictures of the English countryside!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a very nice sport coat, but purposely forgetting to button a button on the surgeon's cuff is tacky IMO.

Eh. Its fun. Some folks like to do it, others dont. Live and let live.

It's not the fact that the cuff is purposely unbuttoned (hell, I do it sometimes), I think it's that it is not even the end/last button but the one before that makes it look overly-overthought. IMO.

More than a year since my last visit so here's some recent stuff.

Always love your stuff, shame you don't get to update your blog more frequently (though I understand life can get in the way and you don't do this professionally). I'd follow you on IG but I don't have an account.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's not the fact that the cuff is purposely unbuttoned (hell, I do it sometimes), I think it's that it is not even the end/last button but the one before that makes it look overly-overthought. IMO.

Yay! Its rant time!!!

Every single person who puts pictures of themselves on the internet all dressed up, or even talks about pictures of men dressed up on the internet, thinks about how they look and how they are presenting themselves. Every. Single. Damn. One. But heaven forbid someone have a little fun and do something that might actually look like he is trying to look good, and have fun with it, and that he does not fall out of bed looking like a million bucks.

Its absurd, in my opinion. Sure, its not a look for everyone, some people dont like it, think its silly, gauche.... whatever, thats fine, and no one is forcing you to leave your 3rd cuff button undone. All the same, if someone wants to, who the hell cares? Because it hints at looking like he tried? If you look real good, people know you are trying. Its no secret. Spreezy button or not. I mean seriously, does anyone think a guy like Pingson cares any less than Timo? Id bet a lot of money they both care about the same amount.

/rant

Last edited:

Uunottaja

Reaction score
Thanks guys and I'm trying to ramp up the activity at the moment, hopefully getting back on track during this fall.

More than a year since my last visit so here's some recent stuff.

Lauttasaari, no?

Doesn't Braddock have a similar jacket that you're wearing (the cream windowpane)? Make?

Yep, that's it. And the ivory jacket is from SuitSupply, Havana fit.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lauttasaari, no?

Doesn't Braddock have a similar jacket that you're wearing (the cream windowpane)? Make?

Cream windowpane is Suit Suuply Havana!

Last edited:

spitfirees20

Reaction score

Yay! Its rant time!!!

Every single person who puts pictures of themselves on the internet all dressed up, or even talks about pictures of men dressed up on the internet, thinks about how they look and how they are presenting themselves. Every. Single. Damn. One. But heaven forbid someone have a little fun and do something that might actually look like he is trying to look good, and have fun with it, and that he does not fall out of bed looking like a million bucks.

Its absurd, in my opinion. Sure, its not a look for everyone, some people dont like it, think its silly, gauche.... whatever, thats fine, and no one is forcing you to leave your 3rd cuff button undone. All the same, if someone wants to, who the hell cares? Because it hints at looking like he tried? If you look real good, people know you are trying. Its no secret. Spreezy button or not. I mean seriously, does anyone think a guy like Pingson cares any less than Timo? Id bet a lot of money they both care about the same amount.

/rant

Sorry, I thought the point of this thread was for people to post their outfits, and then for other people to post their critiques and/or compliments.

I didn't realize this was a compliment only thread.

I'm sorry.

What I meant to say was purposely unbuttoning two entirely different buttons on two separate sleeves, and then taking a photo focusing almost specifically on this aspect of the outfit, doesn't look affected or gauche at all, but instead looks totally sprezzatura. I guess I just wrote the opposite of what I truly meant. Again, my apologies.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yay! Its rant time!!!

/rant

I don't think the point is about trying too hard or not, it's just that I don't see the point of unbuttoning the 3rd button over the last. That doesn't mean I don't respect Timo or you just because I doesn't like the 3rd button undone! Isn't it the point of this forum to offer opinions that will lead to an honest discussion? For what it's worth I find the rest of his outfit stellar, as usual!

:worship2:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads