• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Legendary StC. That collar is bangin. Did I ask u b4- what loafers ?

I love those suedes. re: the saturation - the SC appears to be mustard on my screen. Do I need a new one?

Only u could pull off that fit with those black bad boys down low.

Only the most ancient thirsts on our shoulders.

Yeah well this horse ain't drinking. Props on the suit tho.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gentlemen. Tie is ... well, I'm not feelin it.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back to suits, while the humidity (if not the heat) is lower. The Friday Challenge is the "loud tie worn well" challenge - to wear a loud tie tastefully. Today's tie is purple, and it's Charvet, which qualifies it for loud, certainly - tasteful, I leave to the discretion of the viewer.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Simon Carter, via Fortnum & Mason, London
Braces - Paul Stuart
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

BespokeKiwi

Reaction score
This is where I'm at. I am the CEO of my company* and can wear whatever I like and **** you.

*However, as my company has precisely one employee, I am also the tea lady.

cheers.gif

@Coxsackie I'm in a similar situation to you over the ditch here in Auckland, "Nuu Zeal-lund" (sic). Where I deliberately try to keep my small business lean to avoid all the employee related "compliance" (resistance is futile, you will be assimilated) hassles and costs. Like you, I can wear whatever I want.

Presently, I'm working hard to raise my sartorial game -- after more than two decades in the ICT industry's geek inspired (no disrespect intended to technically inclined brethren, of course) sartorial wilderness.

P.S. I originate from the South Island, so your recent skiing missive had me pinning for Treble Cone, which is one of my favourite ski fields down under too. I will have to do something about it next ski season.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cool BK. Let's hit Treble Cone together next year in our DB chalkstripes, à la Luca Rubinacci...

...on second thoughts, let's not.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, maybe this was driven by Rubinacci's advertising agency.

It is a very striking image. The fact that he's a young, shiny-bald man advertising clothes also makes for a refreshing change from what's usually seen.

We're also starting to see male clothes models in their sixties and even older. It would be great to see a campaign based around fat men. An expert bespoke tailoring house could really strut their stuff this way. "This guy is clearly a difficult shape, and yet we made him look cool."

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh hai, Anden!

Soooooo, not loving the loud ties today. :(

Pliny, yeah, not loving that tie either, particularly with that suit.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hopefully, there will be a book written entitled “Tigers of ‘14”. Just dreaming...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
G, I think those are the same pants I was unthrilled with before, no? There is no true full pic there, but from what I see, they look better in these pics. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics