• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thursday, so far a brilliantly sunny day here in NYC, though today's attire is a bit dowdy - a suit I bought in the wake of the death of my first husband, nearly eight years ago. At the time, the suit fit snugly, and I thought it to be quite the purchase, but now it fits more loosely, and it has been eclipsed by other purchases made since. One learns from the passage of time . . .

The camera also has a new lens - clearer shots, so far, when the auto focus works correctly, though less wide-angle. An ongoing experiment . . .

Suit - BBGF
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Andrew's Ties
Cufflinks - The London Badge & Button Co.
PS - Robert Talbott
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Magnanni for Bergdorf Goodman

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From yesterday. Not wearing a lot of ties lately. :(

tumblr_opeq1jGcFS1spqdezo1_500.jpg

tumblr_opeq1qRU0B1spqdezo1_500.jpg

Leanderthal

Reaction score
Thanks man! Pants are a little lighter than true navy IRL. Bad contrast in the lighting. But I agree, lighter would have worked better.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the Congressional Record:

NATIONAL SEERSUCKER DAY
(Senate - May 01, 2017)

Mr. CASSIDY. Mr. President, today I wish to recognize the seersucker manufacturers and enthusiasts across the United States. The storied history of this uniquely American fashion dates back to 1909 when Joseph Haspel designed the first seersucker suit at his Broad Street facility in New Orleans. Louisiana is proud to have played an important part in introducing the country to seersucker apparel.

During the hot summer months, Americans across the country have worn and enjoyed this lightweight cotton fabric, known for its signature pucker. Mr. Haspel said it best, ``hot is hot, no matter what you do for a living.'' In the 1990s, Members of this Chamber established Seersucker Day to honor this unique American fashion. I proudly resumed this tradition in 2014 in the U.S. House of Representatives by designating Wednesday, June 11, as National Seersucker Day. I have continued this tradition in the U.S. Senate and wish to designate Thursday, June 8, as the fourth annual National Seersucker Day. I encourage everyone to wear seersucker on this day to commemorate this iconic American clothing.

https://www.congress.gov/congressional-record/2017/5/1/senate-section/article/s2649-1?r=26

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(x-post from NMWA thread) Last day of being a fake doctor for fake patients for this semester so I figured I'd take a picture. (sleeves are intentionally short so I can roll them quicker if necessary)

Classico Lab Jacket
Inglese
Hermes
Farnese
Rota
Alden
(2254.50 seamaster under the cuff if anyone's curious)

fullsizeoutput_683.jpeg

Last edited:

DiplomaticTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket: Eduard Dressler
Shirt: Drakes
Tie: Loro Piana
PS & pants: Berg & Berg
Shoes: Mano
397a-loropiana1.jpg
397b.jpg
397c.jpg
397d.jpg

blekit

Reaction score
Yet another formal Friday. I am in a particularly good mood, so I've decided to give another go to my Homburg :)

20170505_081921.jpg
IMG_20170505_084351_340.jpg

* homburg from Polkap
* suit by Krupa & Rzeszutko
* Tyrwhitt
* tie from Embassy of Elegance
* ps from Poszetka
* Yanko shoes

PicsArt_05-05-08.40.56.jpg
PicsArt_05-05-08.34.29.jpg

Orange tie was something I was wondering about for quite some time. Few posts from last couple of weeks reassured me, that it's going to be a good addition to my wardrobe. Hence, maiden voyage for my newest tie. It's 7-fold printed Macclesfield silk handmade by Polish manufacture Embassy of Elegance and I really, really like it.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix