• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
I have already explained many times its position here. Let me remind you again :)

1. I really try to fine (as far as their abilities) to dress up every day, but not every day I have a photo shoot. Sometimes a very good combination of clothes remains "behind the scenes".

2. At the photo session (95%) I spend 15 to 45 minutes. Generally it occurs in the middle of the day. In the place where I am at the time.

3. A very small percentage of photo shoots (about 5%) actually go further - when I want to do something interesting and interesting place.

4. I do not spend on a photo shoot a single cent. So as part of my business related to photography - something I always find an opportunity to do a photo session quickly and easily.

5. If I can easily make a good (hopefully) pictures, and do it quickly - that's why I have to do worse than I can?
It's like to be able to consistently run a hundred meters in 10.5 seconds, but why try to run this distance in 15-20 seconds. Why? Everything on that I can go - it's run a hundred meters in 11, that would not run at full capacity (which most often occurs at a photo shoot, figuratively speaking) :)
Why would I try to take a picture worse than I can, if I find it easier to do since I'm already used? Absurd...
biggrin.gif

In general it is very boring and strange topic for discussion. Paradoxically it all originated. I do not want to continue. And I hope you too :)

Let us return to the subject of this thread!
nod[1].gif

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score

briefcase/bag – Santoni
headwear – Tonak

gloves – Giorgio Armani
tie – Fumagalli
pocket squares – Roda
suspenders – Albert Thurston
cufflinks – Dunhill
shoes – Alden
socks – Pantherella
overcoat – Bespoke
jacket – Bespoke
trousers/pants – Bespoke
shirt – Bespoke
waistcoat – Bespoke
perfume – Serge Lutens “Douse Amere”

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Victor, I think we all agree when I say that we do enjoy your high quality photographing. I try and get good shots as well. I think good light and interesting surroundings enhance a good outfit. Lately I've been lazy though, and have mainly been taking iPhone pictures at home. I'll try and get some better pics next week on my way to, or from, the office.

Last edited:

VictorSFreturn

Reaction score
Victor, I think we all agree when I say that we do enjoy your high quality photographing. I try and get good shots as well. I think good light and interesting surroundings enhance a good outfit. Lately I've been lazy though, and have mainly been taking iPhone pictures at home. I'll try and get some better pics next week on my way to, or from, the office.

By the way, last summer I was in Stockholm, lived in a hotel in the old town. And completely forgot that I could meet you. Maybe this summer I'll come again :)

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is the square Yellow Hook as well? Very nice combo! (If not, who makes the square?)

This will be one of ours in the not so distant future...pure 100% hand printed Italian Silk....gorgeous. Check out our affiliate thread for updates on new product, we have a bunch of new stuff in teh works we're excited about...

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A breath of spring, perhaps. I won last week's Friday Challenge (remarkably enough), which was all black and white and severity, so, as the party responsible for setting this week's challenge, I chose "Get some color in your life!" as this week's theme. To that end, today's "greenery".

Suit - BB MTM
Shirt, tie and PS - BB
Cufflinks - DVVS, New York
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's, Boston
Scarf - Ede & Ravenscroft
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center, NYC

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why would I try to take a picture worse than I can, if I find it easier to do since I'm already used?

You should never do worse that you can simply so that other people won't feel insecure. I enjoy not only your photography but also your clothes and I would love to see you keep doing what you are doing. However, I don't necessarily think it's boring to talk about the subject of how and why we tae the pictures we do. It's always relevant to talk about the medium through which we pursue this hobby.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never apologize for top quality pics, Victor. Nevar.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

By the way, last summer I was in Stockholm, lived in a hotel in the old town. And completely forgot that I could meet you. Maybe this summer I'll come again :)
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
If you come to Stockholm, and I'm at home, I would very much appreciate meeting you! PM me here or on Facebook if so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads