• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kappelan, great picture. I'm jealous. Yet another staycation in sweltering NYC....

I nominate myself and Tirailleurl for the AWESOME BALDNESS club.:slayer: Upr Crust, I would have added your name but you are a bit of a "Tweener". LOL

What's this about an AWESOME BALDNESS AND TWEENER club?

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brown linen, my favorite summer color.

Suitsupply Soho linen suit, Drakes tie and Berg and Berg ps.

www.takeitofftherack.tumblr.com
Suit is pretty awesome. I'm always surprised at the amount of collar gap on Suit Supply stuff. It may just be because of his posture here, but the suits on the website usually look pretty bad in regard to collar gap.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ergudmun - you have style for miles.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's this about an AWESOME BALDNESS AND TWEENER club?

In German, it could be "Ehrfurcht Gebietend Glatz und Halbglatzkopfig Verein". (A bit more adult-sounding that "tweener", no?).

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Amazing jacket for sure. Journeyman, been noticing your posts for a while now and you have great taste, great fits. but .... your pics! Letting you down badly. surprising for one of SFs most senior members. The further away the camera the better, to avoid all that distortion. otherwise u rok

Pliny,

Thank you very much for the kind comments!

Yes, the photos are bad - but that's because I use an old iPhone and have two young kids, so I don't have the time nor patience to set the camera up separately from me to take some photos from a distance!

Last edited:

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I see your blog. Very nice outfits but I think you should try real braces (I mean braces you use with buttons inside the trousers like this one: http://www.albertthurston.com/product_display.cfm?prodid=314&sid=1)

In German, it could be "Ehrfurcht Gebietend Glatz und Halbglatzkopfig Verein". (A bit more adult-sounding that "tweener", no?).

correct is: "ehrfurchtgebietender glatz- und halbglatzköpfiger Verein"

In Germany we say to people with hair like you: "Er trägt eine fleischfarbene Badekappe" (that means: "he is wearing a flesh-colored swimming cap")

Last edited:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. That always looks great.

And too bad SuitSupply doesn't look good on tall people... I'd be for a few of those.
Just read his blog, the guy is 195cm. I think Choc is even taller and he wears suitsupply as well. I'd say it looks pretty damn good on both of them.

Ebonyman

Reaction score

Good stuff. This is a great looking suit!

Halbglatzkopfig Verein? I can't even get a decent translation for Halbglatzkopfig ! (Verein = club) I'll need to come up with something better than " tweener" I guess but you still have far too much "lunatic fringe" to qualify. You and Jason will just have to start your own club!

Big White Balloon skull....:rotflmao:

IrateCustomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good stuff. This is a great looking suit!

Halbglatzkopfig Verein? I can't even get a decent translation for Halbglatzkopfig ! (Verein = club) I'll need to come up with something better than " tweener" I guess but you still have far too much "lunatic fringe" to qualify. You and Jason will just have to start your own club!

Big White Balloon skull....:rotflmao:

It's called the Reverse Mohawk. Come on man!

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Quote:
Ha! My profits are too much connected to an actual product. I won't ever be raking in as much as the guys who juggle with nothing but figures.

I spotted what looked like a real Modigliani in one of the rooms at this manor; meanwhile this is the artwork I currently feature in my office. I'm getting there.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hot summer day - bright jacket. Believe it or not, the jacket is actually darker in person. The shirt is a like pink, further evidence of the great quality photos the iphone takes.... said no one ever.

Last edited:

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I agree. That always looks great.

And too bad SuitSupply doesn't look good on tall people... I'd be for a few of those.
Suit supply looks good on tall people. my best friend is 6'4 and loks great in the washington cut. Granted he's got the frame but there are a bunch of tall guys who work at the SOHO store. Not steller fits but certainly above average for sure. Lots of missinformation with regard to the SS brand on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads