• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebonyman

Reaction score
Monkeyface,

Nothing wrong with the tie per say, but I'm not sure how well it works with the rest of your outfit. It certainly seems a bit narrow for the lapels of your suit.

Last edited:

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monkeyface,

Nothing wrong with the tie per say, but I'm not sure how well it works with the rest of your outfit. It certainly seems a bit narrow for the lapels of your suit.
It's a 3.5" wide seven-fold, and it's actually slightly wider than my lapels!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

It might not be conservative business dress, but I felt like wearing a bold tie for a change. It's slightly darker in real life though.

looks nice MF...but i miss your non conservative business dress fits.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks nice MF...but i miss your non conservative business dress fits.
Yeah, me too. The furthest I can deviate from conservative business dress atm is by wearing bold ties from time to time, and brown shoes on casual Friday. My wardrobe is seriously lacking conservative items though. But then again, you can only have so many navy suits and blue ties before they'll all start looking like each other anyways. I wouldn't mind having a slightly lighter than navy suit and a couple of extra EG Cappelli ties though.

Last edited:

Ebonyman

Reaction score

It's a 3.5" wide seven-fold, and it's actually slightly wider than my lapels!

Wow, really? I could not tell that from the pics. I don't doubt you for a second, it just doesn't look that way. Width aside, I still think there is another fit of yours that will make better use of that tie.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Yeah, me too. The furthest I can deviate from conservative business dress atm is by wearing bold ties from time to time, and brown shoes on casual Friday.

say it aint so!

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, really? I could not tell that from the pics. I don't doubt you for a second, it just doesn't look that way. Width aside, I still think there is another fit of yours that will make better use of that tie.
Yeah, the iphone camera isn't exactly the best, so it can distort a lot. The maroon tie would've worked better with a navy suit and light blue shirt, but I've grown tired of that particular combination. The black paisley matches the black check on the shirt and the black shoes/belt, and wearing maroon with dark grey isn't exactly out of ordinary either.
say it aint so!
It ain't easy wearing brown amidst a sea of black. I'm also wearing one of the few wool/linen suits around, which makes me stand out even more. The English have a peculiar propensity to dress the same throughout the year, no matter the weather. I have no idea how they manage to wear heavy navy suits in this kind of hot and humid weather.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL, no need for an opthamologist at this point. I've already been condemned to wearing "readers". In spite of my compromised vision, I can still see that you have an enviable assortment of suits/shirts/ties/cufflinks/shoes, etc. and more than enough style to coordinate them quite well.

However, you still have too much hair to gain entry into the club. I'll check back again when you've reached say, 15 or 16.

Cheers!

If we're speaking of maturity in non-chronological years, I may never make it to 15 or 16. As for the lunatic fringe (of hair, at least), my cranium is too large to be totally denuded of follicles - a big white balloon skull would be too blinding in full sunlight to the denizens of NYC.

Ergudmun

Reaction score

Brown linen, my favorite summer color.

Suitsupply Soho linen suit, Drakes tie and Berg and Berg ps.

www.takeitofftherack.tumblr.com

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
^^motherfucker that suit is SICK. :slayer::slayer::slayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads