• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK, thanks. Consider it disposed of.
I should temper my earlier post. A light blue shirt would be much better with this outfit. The shirt seems a poor color for your complexion, but it may be better in another context.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

idk, i liked those blue chukkas

no worries. imo, chukkas are for schoolboys, whether they are made of kudo or what not. must be the european in me.

Last edited:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There was a song by Wang Chung that was popular for a brief time in the '80s. The chorus went "Everybody have fun tonight/Everybody Wang Chung tonight." Pair that with a Drake's Shantung raw silk tie, and there you have it.
i always liked dance hall days. just listening, thanks youtube

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

AJV,

was it intentionally not to pair either belt nor PS to the rest of the outfit?
Am confused of the choice of colours of the two of them.

omg, this question is so disgusting.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nice, one of your best yet. If it were my coat, I might have put a little more shape in the body, but I know the aesthetic you're going for, so it works. I like the tie, but with the DB, I think it could stand an extra inch or so in width. Well done. Even the non-black shoes.

This looks great. Not a fran of stacking, but works for you.

Sonny58

Reaction score
My jacket is better but somewhat off kilter still. I must say I have a new appreciation for this posting of one's fits. It's kinda hard. :embar:

BrownJacketwBlueTie2.jpg

BrownJacketwBlueTie1.jpg

BrownJacketwBlueTie3-2.jpg

BrownJacketwBlueTie4.jpg

Last edited:

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy Friday eve girls. Wider tie, longer collar..
p1030956.jpg
p1030948x.jpg

P1030952.jpg
p1030955l.jpg

I like it, though I think it'd be better with a sky blue shirt.

Nice, one of your best yet. If it were my coat, I might have put a little more shape in the body, but I know the aesthetic you're going for, so it works. I like the tie, but with the DB, I think it could stand an extra inch or so in width. Well done. Even the non-black shoes.

Thanks. I thought about shaping the coat more too, but my tailor recommended against it, so I listened. Tie would be wider, ideally.

Cardigan: Dior Homme
Dress shirt: mtm
Jeans: Dior Homme
Sneakers: Martin Margiela

Bukkake.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My wife bought me a CT shirt for our anniversary (2 years, cotton anniversary woo!), and she's not too sure about the collar on it. Anyway, here's some pics (along with my new Kent Wang cufflinks!)
DSCN0366-1.jpg
DSCN0367-1.jpg
I'M SO CLASSY IT HURTS :rimshot:
DSCN0370-1.jpg
She's wrong, and nice links.
Suit - BB Regent Shirt - Lewin Tie - J. Press PS - Anonymous maker, via Syms Cufflinks - DVVS, New York City Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand
IMGP0860506x1280.jpg
IMGP0861657x1280.jpg
IMGP08571019x1280.jpg
IMGP0858851x1280.jpg
I'm not sure it's right for me, but I really like that tie, Crust.
d597fccf.jpg
c3107d20.jpg
04923d9c.jpg
I think I have to second (third?) Mike and Nii's call of incongruousness. I noticed that both you and AJV were rocking reddish-brown shoes with the red pants. I'm not sure this is the best choice. At least in the pics, they come off as close but not close enough.
]SCENE Philadelphia. August. Early Morning. Underground, on the Westbound El by the Courthouse.[/center] Random Old Guy: (walking up to me as we exit the El) Hey, counselor, are those brown shoes? Me: Oh, no, they're burgundy. ROG: Eh? Well, they look brown to me…(pregnant pause}…The judge is gonna throw you outta court for that, you know. Me: Have a nice day! (walking away briskly). EXEUNT.
I like the DB, and I also don't know what the non-Americans are on about with their dislike of brown/burgundy shoes with suits.
The tie and suit textures don't play well together. The shirt, IMO, is an abomination. I think I can make out the concept you were going for, but I don't think this achieves it.
IIRC, Alan Flusser has a similar combination in Clothes and the Man. I don't care for it there, either.
Happy Friday eve girls. Wider tie, longer collar...
p1030956.jpg
p1030948x.jpg
P1030952.jpg
p1030955l.jpg
Mo' betta.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Victor, PG, upr_crust all three gentlemen of you look dope in your todays outfits!
Everyone of you has his very own style, which one might like more or less, but they are all put together very nicely in their own little atmosphere.

Merci, Le Roi Soleil - it is not often that my poor name is linked with our new and most exuberant poster from Mother Russia (I like most of what Viktor wears, and he certainly "owns" his style), and our resident bespoke expert PG.

Way kewl as always, Spoomeister, but very odd to see you wearing nothing patterned - an anomaly, a handsome anomaly, but unusual nonetheless.

Thanks, Kevin - today's attire came together better than expected.

Happy Friday eve girls. Wider tie, longer collar..

p1030956.jpg
]

Wider tie, longer collar, better look.

I'm not sure it's right for me, but I really like that tie, Crust.

Thanks, Mr. Butch

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The problem with Kevin's look becomes really apparent in black-and-white:

1000x500px-LL-674f5d05_015.jpg

The shirt and suit blend together, and the tie is lighter than the shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics