HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Catch you guys in 10 days...off to the sunshine and sands...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JTA

JTA Senior member

Now, this is fresh. On the border of MC and SW.

3. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i like that tie and suit together a lot, very nice. have fun on ze vacay.

4. Withaque

Withaque Well-Known Member

At first glance I absolutely loved this, so I went back to look at it again. I liked the some what unexpected lavender check with the double breasted suit. I thought it was a great way to soften the formality of a gray DB. Now I am not sure about it. I think the shirt is at odds with the DB(the material seems rather sleek in the photo). To borrow from recent critiques of one of Spoo's fit, they are "incongruous". Another color check or a different pattern in lavender may work better. Overall, I still like it, just not as much as that first "WOW!" moment. Finally, the tie and shirt combo rocks.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011

5. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

That is one hell of a send-off Spoo...and especially the shoes which are bordering on a religious experience. :slayer: Have a great time, and enjoy ten days in what I can only suppose are Allan Edmonds flip-flops and a three-piece bespoke bathing suit.

6. Thin White Duke

Thin White Duke Senior member

This week was cotton jacket and gingham shirt week:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Purple haters gonna hate:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Trousers are navy, socks are black with purple and lavendar not monochrome grays!

7. milecargo

milecargo Senior member

I work in a large corporate park in Newport Beach and nobody would dream of wearing a tie nor a jacket on Friday. Folks here, even executives, sport designer denim and a polo shirt.

8. Adarael

Adarael Well-Known Member

I like the cut and stripes on that suit, especially with those shoes. Who made it/what is it?

9. Spong

Spong Well-Known Member

I don't get this. I mean no offense to Fuuma but from all his outfit posts I don't get why he posts in the MC section. To me everything he wears is SW&D - it's nice and everything, the man clearly knows his stuff I just don't get why it's here and why no-one has ever questioned it.

In short..

[​IMG]

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i cant believe i missed this post this morning. i love it holdfast, really like the color and pattern contrast. :slayer:

11. thenewguy

thenewguy Well-Known Member

Several of you guys make me want to toss a match in my closet and walk away in slow motion with a healthy swagger showing how tough I am to be destroying a den of atrocious acts against fashion. I work in a world filled with overly large khaki pants and golf shirts - most adorned with overly large logos of golf equipment manufacturers. We only wear suits and ties when visiting with customers. Even then, most wear suits 2 sizes too large. It is painful to see. This website is a small corner of refuge as I work up the courage to dress like most of you here... sans tie, of course.

12. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Well look at you guys, all crisp with well pressed clothes and what not!

This is how I look on a friday afternoon, about to board a train. A bit wrinkly from a day at the office and the hair's a mess. About to get some vacation though, and that feels freakin' great.
    [​IMG]

13. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Exactly OC

14. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

And on the other end of the spectrum. Denim is prohibited in my office (Atlanta) - the only exception being on those Fridays when the boss is out of town. At which time we have "Denim Fridays" - meaning if we wear denim we must contribute $5 to the office charitible donation fund. The charity is then choosen at the end of the year by popular vote. We normally raise a few thousand dollars a year via this little game.

Our building is a high rise and the only other tenant in the building is a large investment firm - NO DENIM - EVER - from the looks of most of them I wouldn't be surprised if they wore their suits and ties to bed at night! Seriously - they do casual Friday - which means sports coats, ties optional, trou and loafers mostly.

Today I wore jeans, pointy toed (GASP!) italian shoes, and guess plaid shirt - certainly NOT a WAYWRN outfit!

Interesting how different it is 'round the country.

15. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

When I started on this forum "SWD" didn't exist and there were no specialized thread, I usually post fully "SWD" outfits in here unless I forget (like waxed jeans, boots, tee leather jacket). Sharing is caring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.