• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oh yea..lol..Ive been peed on..projectile poop in the mouth, everything.. I can see how parenthood can change people, lol.. but its been awesome but glad to be back in the office..

:slayer:

chocsosa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Choc I cannot believe you found a milano ur size. Baddest goiz.

Found it two years ago in a Nordy Rack in Sac town.. had been sitting there for years because it was an unusual size in that model..from what the SA told me, the size it was tagged in most guys that size cannot fit and others dont think to size up...I had to do some work to get it decent some armhole work and sleeve pitch work..but I've had it two years, wear it once a month, 9 months out of the year so it was def a good find..

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rally nice tweed! I've been contemplating a jacket in a very similar (the same?) cloth for a while. I think you just convinced me to pull the trigger on that one.
I really like the tie! Details?
oh yea..lol..Ive been peed on..projectile poop in the mouth, everything.. I can see how parenthood can change people, lol.. but its been awesome but glad to be back in the office..
You are really getting me "excited" for the arrival of our baby (due later this year) :paranoia:. But then again, this will be my fourth so I should know what I'm getting myself into. :satisfied:
I know it is on the slim and short side but until I can afford a new flannell suit this will do.
The cloth looks very nice and soft, but that doesn't help hide the fact that the suit is both tight and short as you say.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Gnatty, Kapp, Spoo, Choc.....definite winning streak in this thread. Anden, I like the combo but the nut-grabbing trousers and Bieber-esque fit are
eek.gif
to me. Then again, I'm old fashioned like that.

Today, question: too blue? I normally like at least one contrasting or opposite colour among suit/tie/shirt/PS, and wouldn't normally wear a blue tie with a blue-striped shirt. But I was in a hurry this morning, meeting new clients, and no PS looked right (need more!). So I played it neutral and safe...no fun, or just wrong?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I'm not a great lover of non-matching waistcoats, but that combo is really pleasing. Nice stuff, NYI. Back of the waistcoat is a low point, jacket and shoes are a high.
biggrin.gif

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

same old. not sure if i posted this geddup before. dry cleaner did a horrific job on those lapels.
Yay, for the ticket pocket!

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jacket, waistcoat and trousers are all great to me. I don't agree with Mimo about odd waistcoats - they certainly can work sometimes, aprticluarly with odd, tweed-like jackers, and this is how it's supposed to be done. The only thing I am not completely happy with is the tie - too little contrast with the shirt for my taste.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I don't agree with Mimo about odd waistcoats - they certainly can work sometimes, aprticluarly with odd, tweed-like jackers, and this is how it's supposed to be done.

Agreed - I dislike them alone with no jacket (although I used to wear that 20 years ago), and I also dislike them not matching with a business suit. But as you said, this is exactly how it's supposed to be done. :)

Re. NYI's tie, I think it looks OK as the shirt and tie together contrast so much with the rest of the components. But I do agree that it might work better with another colour group brought in there - if not the tie, then at least a PS. On which point: I'd appreciate your view on my hurried and non-contrasting choice today - too dull?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads