• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The last two workdays this year and the end of a freakishly busy six weeks. Getting some well-deserved vacation time....

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Albert Hal

Reaction score

More vintage from last night: Over coat from Rohdi Heintz 1980´s. Old Homburg Borsalino hat from 1950´s (?) + Tretorn bottiner/overshoes (1960´s?)

A suit suit from Hjelm 1940´s. A anonymous tie from the 50´s and a Stenström shirt from 00. Crocket & Jones shoes. The glasses are probably from the same time as the building - Stockholm City Hall 1923. But I am not shure the wine is vintage.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suit - BB MTM
Shirt & tie - BB
PS - PRL
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Shoes - Finsbury, Paris
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino

Last edited:

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Great tie/shoe choice for that outfit.

Spoo - would have absolutely loved your recent fit it it had used a non-green square (or perhaps even w/out any square at all). The jacket/tie/shirt/cardigan combo was wonderful fun.
sugarbutch - I'm in your camp of habitually leaving my gloves in the overcoat top pocket. And I was doing way before it became a sprezzy thing online, so whether it's now viewed as affected or not, it isn't going to change. Having said that, I do think you could stand to stuff them down a bit deeper in to the pocket, purely for practical reasons of them not accidentally falling out.
Albert Hal - the overcoat is cool, and with the strong shoulder on the suit underneath, gives the whole look a very stylised feel.

Cold & Damp Day...

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

MoL, you are really hitting the next level, awesome. who makes these shoes, and the other similar designed burgundy calf ones?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kappelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I gotta ask because I feel like an idiot and it's driving me nuts..
How the hell do guys get their knot like that? Is it a particular knot or merely a function of the material?

ianGP, got the right answer to you :nodding:

I so suck at tying a DFIH and that makes me sad.

After some practice it is getting easier :)

Kapp you do a really good tie knot. I like how each round turn shows. Well fitting collar with tie cinched right up tight. I don't think it gets much better Sir.

Four Textures and four colours are excellent as well.

Not a fan of the jeans though. Get a better pair of trousers to compliment the top half.

Thank you for comment, but I like to wear jeans for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads