• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't posted a fit here in, well, forever, so here goes:

Closer:

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ianGP - i like your style, man.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

+1, but please don't do that with your sunglasses it looks crap. The whole outfit looks great so why do you have to spoil it with a 'look at me, I have sunglasses' move?

What is it with the top pockets lately? *shakes head*:)

Badandy

Reaction score
It's all personal but I am not a fan of the 2" cuffs. To me it looks like you're trying to make the focal point of the outfit your cuffs rather than just focusing on the interplay of everything else.

ianGP

Reaction score
@stitchy - thx mang!

@ian - they're my regular glasses, I suppose by habit :)

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

+1, but please don't do that with your sunglasses it looks crap. The whole outfit looks great so why do you have to spoil it with a 'look at me, I have sunglasses' move?

What is it with the top pockets lately? *shakes head*:)

An alternative explanation is that it's a convenient place to put your glasses when they're not on your face...

It's all personal but I am not a fan of the 2" cuffs. To me it looks like you're trying to make the focal point of the outfit your cuffs rather than just focusing on the interplay of everything else.

Do not listen to this, Ian. :D The cuffs are good.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

An alternative explanation is that it's a convenient place to put your glasses when they're not on your face...
Do not listen to this, Ian. :D The cuffs are good.

+1 x 2

Rugger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I gotta ask because I feel like an idiot and it's driving me nuts..

How the hell do guys get their knot like that? Is it a particular knot or merely a function of the material?

ianGP

Reaction score
Kappelan's pic you quoted shows a double 4-in-hand with the big end of the tie going under both loops.

Last edited:

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Code:
An alternative explanation is that it's a convenient place to put your glasses when they're not on your face..

Yeah I get that, I am very sensitive to sunlight ("I have special eyes"!!) so never leave the house without sunglasses. When not on my face they go in my breast pocket, behind my PS, but I don't see the need to hang and arm out ostentatiously like that!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kappelan's pic you quoted shows a double 4-in-hand with the big end of the tie going under both loops.

I so suck at tying a DFIH and that makes me sad.

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Trying 2in cuffs... I feel they look better than my standard 1.5's
Awesome outfit Ian 3 patterns and a texture or 2. Subtle PS with enough colour difference to get one to notice it.

Shirt collar snug, and tie cinched up tight projects a lot of power and commanding presence. Good fit.

I must say I like the 2 inch cuffs as well, they seem somehow very masculine in conjunction with your stocky physique and stance.

But... sunglasses in the top pocket, that's real loser poser trying too hard stuff, goodness put them in an inside jacket pocket or leave them on your car dashboard..

Johnboy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Kapp you do a really good tie knot. I like how each round turn shows. Well fitting collar with tie cinched right up tight. I don't think it gets much better Sir.

Four Textures and four colours are excellent as well.

Not a fan of the jeans though. Get a better pair of trousers to compliment the top half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads