• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
spooky, only commenting because I just used this to send you a PM and because you are one of the few that takes criticisms well, so you know whats coming..................

don't understand the shirt/tie/pocket square combo. the tie and jacket go together texturally, shirt and pocketsquare belong in another outfit. jacket looks like a fall/winter hopsack/flannel but you're not wearing any socks :confused:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

spooky, only commenting because I just used this to send you a PM and because you are one of the few that takes criticisms well, so you know whats coming..................
don't understand the shirt/tie/pocket square combo. the tie and jacket go together texturally, shirt and pocketsquare belong in another outfit. jacket looks like a fall/winter hopsack/flannel but you're not wearing any socks :confused:

Ha. Yup. Jackets cashmere, shirt is a textured plaid. All "scratchy" stuff. the PS makes no sense.

The socks, % called me this morning...

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After much constructive criticism yesterday, I'm trying again :)

PhotoGrid_1349200071827tues.jpg

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
don't understand the shirt/tie/pocket square combo. the tie and jacket go together texturally, shirt and pocketsquare belong in another outfit. jacket looks like a fall/winter hopsack/flannel but you're not wearing any socks
confused.gif

You've expressed something I was thinking about this better than I could. I have to say I don't understand Spoo's current direction in general, particularly the pale JCrew trousers. I only wear JCrew because I don't have enough of anything else that's better and can't afford to replace it all yet, and I find it a little odd that someone with access to the best stuff around, and with such a great eye, would wear this out of choice...

NoCleverName

Reaction score
I don't get it. I even employed The Google, and I still don't get it. What're you nerdy kids talking about?
The tie you're wearing is the same colors that Gryffindor house uses in Harry Potter:

Not really sure why it was brought up though as that's a pretty classic color combination.

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like Spoo's unorthodox look lately (though I didn't really notice it was unorthodox, only that I've liked it more than I normally do, which was still quite a bit). Not sure mine is the greatest vote of confidence, but still, I dig it.

(pocket squares I don't understand. on anyone. and I know damn well that that's just me)

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I liked the lines. And I see that you're saying too, particularly with the blue and green lines. If you applied the same lines to Orgetorix pic above (as an example), you'd find mostly parallel green vertical lines and few 45 degree angles.
Cool stuff

GDL, that's cause Orge is just standing straight, give him a bag and have him stand in the same pose and then you could draw the same lines.

plotlines-1.png

Shah's got a personal style that's great and works for him, but that line thing is pure art critic bullshit.

Last edited:

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so you're saying if I stick an Olive Garden breadstick over a graph then I can change the meaning of its data?

with endless breadsticks you could build a breadstick house over the data.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

with endless breadsticks you could build a breadstick house over the data.

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of what I could accomplish with never ending bowls of pasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads