• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Not sure how I missed this post. Yes, yes it is!!! I've been treasuring it since it found its way into my mailbox 2 years ago :slayer:

im so happy you still love it.

I have a pretty sick memory, right? :)

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I'm wearing in the rain, with an evening of drinks with one's corporate betters after work. Not orthodox, but close enough to sneak by the lower standards of that crew . . .

Suit - BB GF Regent
Shirt & Tie - BB
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Shoes - To Boot Adam Derrick

IMG_1409552x1280.jpg

IMG_1408413x1280.jpg

IMG_14051094x1280.jpg

IMG_1406874x1280.jpg

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great Upr Crust, I'd like to see all of your fit pics have a standing shot - we get a much better idea of the fit that way :)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GDL, that's cause Orge is just standing straight, give him a bag and have him stand in the same pose and then you could draw the same lines.

But he's not, that's the point. You're a bit confused here. The lines are not meant to be a foo critique of the suit's silhouette in robopose. The lines are meant to discuss HOW the suit is worn, not what lines are inherent to it. As shah explained, he's interested in breaking the vertical silhouette lines and creating angles in it - and he does that by buttoning the top button (MC no-no), carrying the bag on his shoulder, opening the quarters, etc... The lines are to show the end result of this outfit worn as he wears it. As you point out, the same outfit worn differently wouldn't have these dimensions, and maybe Orge wearing a shoulder bag and creating artificially open quarters with buttoning and hand in pocket would achieve the same outcome. This is not science at all, it's simply understanding how wearing your clothes can affect your silhouette and intended look. I don't really see why you're so hostile to this or feel like you have to make a big demonstration that it's meaningless. I guess that floats your boat.

Last edited:

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But he's not, that's the point. You're a bit confused here. The lines are not meant to be a foo critique of the suit's silhouette in robopose. The lines are meant to discuss HOW the suit is worn, not what lines are inherent to it. As shah explained, he's interested in breaking the vertical silhouette lines and creating angles in it - and he does that by buttoning the top button (MC no-no), carrying the bag on his shoulder, opening the quarters, etc... The lines are to show the end result of this outfit worn as he wears it. As you point out, the same outfit worn differently wouldn't have these dimensions, and maybe Orge wearing a shoulder bag and creating artificially open quarters with buttoning and hand in pocket would achieve the same outcome. This is not science at all, it's simply understanding how wearing your clothes can affect your silhouette and intended look. I don't really see why you're so hostile to this or feel like you have to make a big demonstration that it's meaningless. I guess that floats your boat.

OK, so I see your point here and I agree, but the thing is if you're going to do this, reaaaallllly large lines divorce the actual flow of the clothing from larger posture stuff that have nothing to do with the clothing. It's just sloppy thinking and it does annoy me.

edit - also, I was grading when I wrote that post above and was angry at another form of sloppy thinking, so I may have done some anger transference there...

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think people here refuse to see any sort of Streetwear, or Fashion vibe introduced to otherwise classic clothing. As to Shah it is doing what he intends it to do so that works for him.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OK, so I see your point here and I agree, but the thing is if you're going to do this, reaaaallllly large lines divorce the actual flow of the clothing from larger posture stuff that have nothing to do with the clothing. It's just sloppy thinking and it does annoy me.
edit - also, I was grading when I wrote that post above and was angry at another form of sloppy thinking, so I may done some anger transference there...

:laugh:

It's a bit artistic and "sloppy" indeed. But I don't think it was ever meant to be a scientific exposé. Just a visualization of thoughts.

Last edited:

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:laugh:
It's a bit artistic and "sloppy" indeed. But I don't think it was ever meant to be a scientific exposé. Just a visualization of thoughts.

I fully appreciate the impact of clothing flow and how it can shape the overall silhouette of the wearer, that's the underlying point of MC in some sense.

And PB, I appreciate teh SW.. I didn't bash Shah's outfit, which I thought was interesting, I bashed his attempt to make a large and grand artistic statement about his outfit with some very poorly drawn lines. Very different bashing.

Pingson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today's outfit is inspired by another thread here on SF. Also, an outfit as British and city as I can do.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Shah's look a lot...

Anyway, I'm not going to post a complete fit pic today becuase you've all seen the suit before. I'm just going to post some tie details, because it's so lovely. Courtesy of SF's own, Ich_Dien, cashmere by E.Marinella for Drumohr... with a double FiH to give some volume to the knot. (Any odd angles are just the result of me leaning forward to get a close up...)

SimonT

Reaction score
Rainy day in Paris, summer is definitely over :(

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quite boring ensemble today. Tried to do something that would look solid from a distance while not being solid at all.
Not enough contrast between jacket and pants, I know. Need to get me some lighter flannels.

Jacket = Dustin
Shirt = Charles Tyrwhitt
Tie = Lester
PS = Rubinacci
Trousers = Emidio Tucci
Socks = God knows
Shoes = Carmina

Last edited:

Billionairef

Reaction score
Greetings Gentlemen, one of my playful snap from the past weekend...I guess all style points will go to this new C-AMG 6.3 coupe that roars like a lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads