• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoo, I feel since I joined you have toned the color of your combinations down and thus improved a lot in overall style.
All of your recent combinations are very well chosen imo.

I miss outrageous spoo. There are enough Navy Coat/Suit, White/Blue Shirt and Grenadine Tie wearers in this thread. Seeing Spoo's crazy SC's and pocketsquares was a breath of fresh air.

I appreciate both of your comments. While I do "miss" a little flamboyance here and there - people grow up, mature, advance in careers, lifestyles and tastes change... its part of the growth process. Im not saying Ill be wearing only solids as time progressively goes on, but you learn by trial and error what works and what doesn't, and what you like the most. I am most comfortable in my current incarnation, I will tell you that.

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score

Jacket: Adrian Jules
Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt
Tie: Hober
Square: Vanda

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I appreciate both of your comments. While I do "miss" a little flamboyance here and there - people grow up, mature, advance in careers, lifestyles and tastes change... its part of the growth process. Im not saying Ill be wearing only solids as time progressively goes on, but you learn by trial and error what works and what doesn't, and what you like the most. I am most comfortable in my current incarnation, I will tell you that.

lol you are maturing.

wrongwroks

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Finally got a hand into size 44EU... please give me an advice on alteration. Thank you.

IMO: Sleeves need to be shorten.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wigglr

clarinetplayer
"Very clean and defined. Center or side vents?"

CousinDonuts
"I like"

Holdfast
"looks very nice. Good fit, nice style."

0b5cur1ty

Louis XIV
"Very nice!"

Thanks gents! Side vents, for sure. What can't be seen is the back, which is incredibly clean. Not quite sure how they did it.

I'm quite pleased with the way it came out. It was pretty much the realization of what I had in mind. I'm also quite pleased to have found a tailor that I can trust and that can help me decide what works and what doesn't for me. They're really a pleasure to work with and were able to address all my concerns easily. There is also a ton of hand work on the blazer. All the pockets and buttonholes and nearly all the seams were done quite beautifully by hand. The only machine stitching I can find is the bottom part where the lining attaches to the fabric and the upper lapel seam. Next time I'm going to try for a bit different shoulder style, perhaps something a bit more relaxed, that is, if they're open to it. The shoulders are quite padded, which is actually fine for me since I don't have built up shoulders. The biggest problem I notice is that the armholes are, get this, a bit too high. Still, this is definitely the best fitting jacket I've ever had and for my first bespoke commission with a new tailor I can't complain. Finally a silhouette that I like.

Last edited:

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
musicguy, thank you for sharing!

Is the tailor you are going to located in Santiago?
Everybody talks about Italian, British and US tailors, I would be interested if the Southamericans have just the same approach or if they do something different.
Different place, different people, you know?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
music guy, i remember you posting about the jacket being done. it looks great. enjoy it. and the pairing with brown pants was excellent.

SackSuitLover

Reaction score
checking in a bit late...
Untitled-1.jpg

Tom Ford era Gucci, Kiton shirt, BR trous, McNairy **** You pocket square, G&G hoves, GMT IIc watch.
HI. "Trousers should be worn on the natural waist" ( Alan Flusser). Here i see a low rise of trousers and also the first button of your jacket that is too hight. In this way we see belt and shirt. Perhaps fashion, but not classic.

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HI. "Trousers should be worn on the natural waist" ( Alan Flusser). Here i see a low rise of trousers and also the first button of your jacket that is too hight. In this way we see belt and shirt. Perhaps fashion, but not classic. 

I agree, I don't understand why low waist trouser are so popular these days, it is so ugly and makes people look short

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I agree, I don't understand why low waist trouser are so popular these days, it is so ugly and makes people look short

well, im 6'4" so looking a little shorter is fine by me. I also have a short torso and feel uncomfortable the way i look in a longer rise trouser. And if youre not comfortable in your clothing, it doesnt matter how close youre following the "classic" rules.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

HI. "Trousers should be worn on the natural waist" ( Alan Flusser). Here i see a low rise of trousers and also the first button of your jacket that is too hight. In this way we see belt and shirt. Perhaps fashion, but not classic. 

thanks for the tip....however i think we may prefer different looks.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Your comments are duly noted, though I have taken crap in these pages for wearing white bucks with this suit previously, and in the context of my work place (a large bank on Wall St.), this outfit is so light and bright that I thought that I needed darker shoes just to pay some lip service to the dark suit aesthetic (or polos and khakis hell) that pervades the office.

There's certainly an argument to be made for "grounding" a very light-colored outfit with darker shoes, but I think the ones you chose were both too dark and too brogued for the seersucker suit. It's a nitpick, though. You still looked terrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics