1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrd617

jrd617 Stylish Dinosaur

Hanjoy?

2. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

yes, all parties.

3. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Distinguished Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

From the ankles up, splendid. To me, though, the dark suede shoes look heavy and incongruous with the rest of this very light and summery outfit.

4. RDiaz

RDiaz Distinguished Member

^ Agreed... white bucks would have looked great here...

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Stylish Dinosaur

Wacky colour balance in the photos and also, lots of bulky stuff in my jacket pockets screwing up the lines a bit, but you get the idea...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

6. Rambo

Rambo Stylish Dinosaur

I really want to like that (Beige suit FTW!), but the different color pants/jacket and the mauve tie socks are just killing it for me. I think its the tie and socks more than the jacket and pants FWIW.

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Stylish Dinosaur

Gosh, the colour balance is even worse than I thought. The tie is a pale pastel pink, definitely not even near mauve, and the socks are a dark-red & beige micro-houndstooth. The jacket is a cream linen with prominent weave whereas the trousers are a milky-coffee brown very smooth finish cotton, so there's quite a bit of visual difference between them I think.

Whether any of those qualifications alter your impression of the outfit is an entirely other matter, of course! [​IMG]

8. Frankie22

Frankie22 Distinguished Member

I always like your fits -- more loose of a fit than I like, but you wear it very well. Your color choices/contrasts often times, as mentioned above, "kill" your outifts.

9. Citan1145

Citan1145 Distinguished Member

Should I have the chest of this jacket altered a bit? I feel it is about .75-1 inches too big. The shoulders are unpadded and lie at the end of my shoulder and the waist seems ok but the chest seems bulky. It is linen to I like a little flow but wanted your guys thoughts. Sorry for the crap pictures, it is raining outside and the light sucked everywhere.
    The pink shirt didn't turn out as well as I wanted to either, oh well :(. Rainy day go away.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. upr_crust

upr_crust Distinguished Member

Your comments are duly noted, though I have taken crap in these pages for wearing white bucks with this suit previously, and in the context of my work place (a large bank on Wall St.), this outfit is so light and bright that I thought that I needed darker shoes just to pay some lip service to the dark suit aesthetic (or polos and khakis hell) that pervades the office.

11. niidawg3

niidawg3 Distinguished Member

no. it looks fine. plus unless you get your alterations done for free - 3/4 of an inch should not be a bother.

we sometimes get too caught up with the minutiae - enjoy the clothes for what they are.

12. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

What Nii said...

13. RDiaz

Really? I believe white bucks would have looked great with a casual summer suit like this... that said, you're right, that look probably doesn't fit in the context of a large bank.

14. RDiaz

I actually like the colour palette very much. Tie looks more like of a salmon pink in my monitor.

15. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Distinguished Member

No No No!

This is Citan with his daily hand-wringing post about alterations. He needs the sleeves shortening, the length longthening, a centre vent adding and the patch pockets changed to flaps. Change the linen to cotton and the pattern to houndstooth herringbone and it will look perfect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.