• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sotiris

Reaction score
Anyone know why you can't post comments with an iPhone? :embar:

Tie is a burnt orange knit from Howard Yount.

Last edited:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So yeah about clothing.
I will just say that I go to this forum for advice, inspiration, and entertainment. It would be 10x, nay 100x less interesting if this forum consisted of only pictures and critique and thumbs up. You come for the advice and criticism but you stay for the people, the personalities, and the entertainment. Part of style is reflecting who you are (omg identity, psychology, off topic!) and I believe this forum would be ghastly dull if we did not discuss life sometimes...
Also, I appreciate your comments Clovis and you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I doubt that all of PAris or all French people dress the same. I think you assume we all want to be perfect. Honestly, I just want my garments to fit decently and I will work out the rest. Some people like to be more polished. Others prefer to be more sloppy. It is all quite personal. I dont really see a need to espouse one as better than the other.
Anyway, first time I am showing my face...new sunglasses and I am sufficiently hidden. Hair is long, getting it cut soon. My girlfriend likes it somewhat shaggy.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/6964814694/]

[/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/6964814694/]

I feel like the trouser can be crazier, otherwise good look but boring

No love on those sunglasses
[/url]

MrChris

Reaction score

Worse pics than usual today
itY0D.jpg

7oCzR.jpg

Sotris - You have become one of my favourite posters on here! I like your use of classic suit/shirt colors/patterns paired with really interesting ties.
Many of your outfits would be perfect contributions to the conservative business dress thread.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love the shoes!  What kind are they?  They look kind of like the AE Flatiron... love the medallion toe blucher!

Thanks. These are Ferragamo Tramezza. Can't remember the model name, but bought them a couple of years ago at Neiman.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like the trouser can be crazier, otherwise good look but boring
No love on those sunglasses

Thanks for the feedback. FWIW I am not a huge fan of crazy pant colors. I prefer greys, navy, blue, and occasionally some pastels. These pants are a dark blue, but not navy, tic weave. Very interesting texture up close. May be boring but the shirt is really interesting and I felt added visual flair. What would you suggest for the bottom?

The sunglasses, I will respectfully disagree on. I have a very oval face and prefer more square lens. These are the "new wayfayers" and are a pretty classic design in my fav colorway, tortoise. Agree to disagree :slayer:

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback. FWIW I am not a huge fan of crazy pant colors. I prefer greys, navy, blue, and occasionally some pastels. These pants are a dark blue, but not navy, tic weave. Very interesting texture up close. May be boring but the shirt is really interesting and I felt added visual flair. What would you suggest for the bottom?
The sunglasses, I will respectfully disagree on. I have a very oval face and prefer more square lens. These are the "new wayfayers" and are a pretty classic design in my fav colorway, tortoise. Agree to disagree :slayer:

Actually you are right, I miss out your shirt is oxford check patterned, in that case the trouser need to be plain, but for me I would pair up with a lighter colour, such as light green or maroon.

I wouldn't have thought you have a oval face, I don't know, maybe the glasses is distracted by the haircut....

Anyway, you look young and don't forget this advantage.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To all named Mark, happy Saint Mark's Day! Out of all the evangelists, I bet Mark would be the most fun for just hanging out.
Brooks Bros stuff, mostly. Wool tie, Ferragamo.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

It's still under 50F/10C in the mornings here in NYC, hence the outerwear.

Suit & shirt - BB
Tie - Battistoni
Cufflinks - Deakin & Francis
Braces - Trafalgar
Shoes - Harris, via Barney's NYC
Topcoat - JAB
Hat - Selentino
Scarf - Frank Stella, NYC

IMGP2074566x1280.jpg

IMGP2073454x1280.jpg

IMGP2072462x1280.jpg

IMGP2071821x1280.jpg

IMGP2069923x1280.jpg

IMGP2070851x1280.jpg

Great look. I especially like the braces and shoes - deets?

To all named Mark, happy Saint Mark's Day! Out of all the evangelists, I bet Mark would be the most fun for just hanging out.
Brooks Bros stuff, mostly. Wool tie, Ferragamo.

Really nice look. The PS is quite autumnal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads