• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

inlandisland

Reaction score
For the record, I just turned 31. I've been with my sig. other for just over 7 years and our son is 2 1/2. We're not married and we don't have any plans to change that in the forseeable future, but we definitely both acknowledge that we're lifers. I do most of the cooking, but her mother made me an unbelievable birthday cake.

I didn't take any pictures of WIWT, but it was a light grey peak lapel suit, light blue shirt, navy/white dot tie (made by EFV) and black captoes.

Also, I thought mossrocks was a fair bit older and just looked really young.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, I thought mossrocks was a fair bit older and just looked really young.

I get that a lot but usually only from people who've met me, so I always chalked it up to some aspect of my real life behavior.

Must be the glasses, lol…

Today's fit, blurry taken in studio b. ignore the bottom button buttoned. Must've just buttoned it randomly without thinking before taking the pic.

769c1c58.jpg

Blown out close up
69439a18.jpg

Better color, more detail
a058018c.jpg

RLBL jacket
TM Lewin shirt
BB makers all linen tie
Saks trousers
AE Clifton shoes

Oh and Sheepy, get one last confused look at the hair. It's getting cut tomorrow…

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lively day here folks.

Gnatty-You have an enviable SC collection. I have to ask, are most of yours otr? Such neat patterns you always post I would think some are MTM or bespoke. Either way, good taste as always.

Spoo-Really like the audacity of the SC, you should wear it more. Good use of black monkstraps to ground the look. A purple curd sc screams city to me and the black shoes keep that feel. Brown would have looked odd imo so good call. Tie was also a good choice, it has a unique texture that falls in line with the SC but is muted enough in color to let the coat shine.

Moss-You make me feel better about possibly getting a navy DB SC. I am only 26 and to find out you are 25 and pulling off that look rather well gives me hope.

I would comment on more but I need to continue studying for my qualifying exams for my PhD.

Also Acrid, thanks for calling my head nice haha. Always good to hear my natural fit is in line.

Edit: Also also, for those who asked, todays cardigan is a JCrew wool/cashmere cable cardigan. It is still available in limited sizes on clearance online I believe.

Last edited:

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
XKxRome0ox
"sexyyyyyyyyy more deets on shoes"

ianGP
"NICE! Makes me want to upgade my black captoes sooner!"

Belatedly saw the thumbs, fellas. I picked up the Sargents at their trunk show at On The Fly here in San Francisco. I met and was helped by Ron Rider (Sargent's U.S. distributor who also handles the Saphir products). Best fitting pair of shoes I own. One day I'll splurge on one of those lovely MTM in a style and color of my choosing.

Last edited:

D.B.Cooper

Reaction score

Are these ties the bicolor knits? They look much much better in real life pix. I may have to pick one up. The texture seems great

Yes, the Kent Wang bicolor silk knit. The subtle color changing effect from the bicolor knit is really great, and the tie has a fantastic hand.

Uunottaja

Reaction score

Are these ties the bicolor knits? They look much much better in real life pix. I may have to pick one up. The texture seems great

Yeah. Spoo seems to be wearing the brown/blue one. You can see the light blue/navy one on my posting about 10 pages ago.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spoo that's the new jl shoes you got right :)? If so, they look sharp! And so do the rest of the outfit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads