• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

damn, MC has their panties knotted pretty tightly here. I must admit that shah's fit did look good..and I'm in no manner a fan of him at all. You have to be able to appreciate great design and cohesiveness, even if it doesn't fit your particular 'mould', otherwise you're not really appreciating design at all.

i rather you not dislike me and despise my fit than the opposite. although you do flatter, here, and quite accurately I might add.

i was just teasing you the other time anyway , as, apparently, I'm wont to do heh

thanks for kind words to all, this was quite a first introduction to MC fits for me :eek:

Last edited:

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You have to be able to appreciate great design and cohesiveness, even if it doesn't fit your particular 'mould', otherwise you're not really appreciating design at all.

Totally spot on. I sometimes feel like many members in SF don't understand design aesthetics. There are other factors to fashion/style than just fit (and a certain fit mind you) and it seems like most often than not, everything is thrown out the window if it isn't the drape or waist suppression that the forum champions.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Tirailleur1

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are you talking to yourself?

sorry that was an error. Still new to posting on here
shog[1].gif

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you wanted to give some benefit of doubt ...
saying that the basis of style is that the clothing FITS ...
it could even mean fitting into the situation

just putting that out there

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i rather you not dislike me and despise my fit than the opposite. although you do flatter, here, and quite accurately I might add.
i was just teasing you the other time anyway , as, apparently, I'm wont to do heh
thanks for kind words to all, this was quite a first introduction to MC fits for me :eek:

shah - Maybe you stated this somewhere and I missed it, but where are you wearing this outfit? Where would you wear it in general?

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

There are other factors to fashion/style than just fit (and a certain fit mind you).

Yep. There's much more to being stylish than perfect fit. In fact, some people might find "perfect fit" boring. The whole notion of fit is relative anyway imo. Most of us know what good fit means in the "MC" sense. But there's a whole spectrum of design approaches out there that veer from the classical ideal... on purpose. One doesn't have to like them, but he should at least acknowledge that these different approaches exist and that they are often more appealing to a lot of guys than being "classic".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads