• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
New goodie from my tailor. Little late in season but where I am this will still be useable for some time... and yeah I forgot to take pics with the tie still on.

I like this jacket a lot, as I mentioned in the thumbs up box. I want to ask the more knowledgeable members what they think about the way the jacket "hinges" on the button, causing the fronts of lower half the jacket to pivot out from each other a bit, creating flare. Could just be a breeze in the photo, but if not, is this considered an issue or not. I ask because one of my DB jackets does this (to a slightly lesser extent) and though I quite like the effect, I do wonder if it's technically correct or not.

I like the shirt/tie/suit colour pairing. If ever an outfit needed black shoes, this is it, at least from my perspective. Leaving that aside, I suspect life has treated you quite well since you first got the suit. Clothes have an annoying and inexplicable tendency to shrink and become taut in a few places when life is good... ;)

Weather forecast suggested some sunshine in the afternoon, which did indeed manifest for maybe half an hour. Still, any excuse to wear some lighter colours in the middle of winter, including these flannel trousers that I picked up before Christmas but only just got round to collecting from hemming:

bennyb

Reaction score
need some advice please on the rules re what goes with navy light pin stripe suit: stripe tie with stripe shirt? Stripe tie on solid? Spots on solid? Spots on stripe?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

need some advice please on the rules re what goes with navy light pin stripe suit: stripe tie with stripe shirt? Stripe tie on solid? Spots on solid? Spots on stripe?

I would stay with a solid shirt (white or light blue) You can wear a diagnol stripe tie, but I would probably do a grenadine or something like that. Stripe suit, stripe tie, and stripe shirt would be too much IMO

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I want to like this, but the tie/pant matchy matchy is a little too much IMO. Leads the eye in the wrong way.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

JMasa

Reaction score
Overcoat is The Finnish Navy coat. It is dark navy. I am going to change the coat with black buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads