• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Has RLBL fallen out of favour with SF?

JamesBeardTx

Reaction score
Sorry to take the discussion back a few pages, but has the chest/waist fit of the RLBL suits changed? I've picked up a few suits/SC's from B&S and all of the items with the Caruso tag have that "flesh tuxedo" fit. The latest item I picked up has this tag:

The jacket with this tag has a much looser chest/waist fit. Just wondering if this is a change for the newer models?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are definitely a little bit shorter than most jackets.
My 36R's aren't really 36S's but still shorter than 36r's
My Made in USA Rugby is def.longer than the Made in Italy ones.
I prefer the fit in general of Rugby, slim, since i'm pretty darn skinny.

I would prefer side vents rather than center vents but its not too big of a concern to me.

misterbear

Reaction score
Methinks it is an older RLBL model, not made by Caruso. I've read that Corneliani used to do RLBL, but not sure how accurate that is. That label doesn't look like recent Corneliani labels though.

Does anybody know the history of the suitmakers that RLBL sourced their suits from? Corneliani > Caruso? The RLBL 40R DB that I picked up recently doesn't appear to be Caruso either -- it doesn't have that Caruso label, but it is "made in italy."

Couldn't find the answer here nor by a quick googling
http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Methinks it is an older RLBL model, not made by Caruso. I've read that Corneliani used to do RLBL, but not sure how accurate that is. That label doesn't look like recent Corneliani labels though.
Does anybody know the history of the suitmakers that RLBL sourced their suits from? Corneliani > Caruso? The RLBL 40R DB that I picked up recently doesn't appear to be Caruso either -- it doesn't have that Caruso label, but it is "made in italy."
Couldn't find the answer here nor by a quick googling
http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide

Do you have a picture of the tag?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't do Rugby either. Just too damn short. Same goes with some Paul Smith suits. The short cut jacket only works well for skinny people. Otherwise, even normal, healthy bodies can give the wearer the appearance of being stout. RLBL I perfect IMO

JamesBeardTx

Reaction score
Nevermind, found this thread. http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/hof-labels-heels-and-nail-patterns-secrets-to-id-the-maker
The poster that I was originally replying to has a RLBL by Cantarelli.
The DB Black Label had a tag similar to the pic shown on post #143.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/94886/ralph-lauren-lines-and-who-makes-what-a-definitive-guide/135

Thanks for the help! I found that thread after a few more google searches the other day. Now the real question is "When did RLBL start getting suits from Cantarelli?". I sent Ralph Laruen's customer service an email asking them about Cantarelli and, after a few exchanges, they still wouldn't give me an answer.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought this RLBL suit on sale for 800 down from 1950. Navy Peak Lapel Pinstripe. Quality is amazing as you all know. Will be hemming the trousers, and lengthening the sleeves - might take in some in the waist. Opinions on the fit?

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sleeves seem a little short, as you mentioned, other than that its good.

Last edited:

cgo

Reaction score

I think the Daniel is a little shorter with slimmer lapels and shorter vents, etc

I have the Daniel SC and IMO it fits better than RLBL and yes it has that natural Caruso shoulder which I like more than the RLBL shoulder. I wish they make suits in Daniel rather than the Anthony model

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a navy one on sale for $800... do they often go on this kind of discount??

so heres a great example of consumerism. I am trying to spend less on clothes this year because there is nothing i really NEED. I can live life perfectly fine without buying clothes this whole year. But today....

picked up a navy RLBL suit for $800... i bought it because its a classic colour and a great deal for black label but i already have alot of suits... Should i keep or return? Am I just a victim to consumerism??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads