Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Has RLBL fallen out of favour with SF?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Wayward, Mar 10, 2012.

1. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

The Navy Anthony Suit that I have shown above has belt loops on the pants, whereas online they have side pull tabs. Anyone know if this is a really old season stock or something?

2. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

The only one I saw this past season with loops was black with a light stripe and was a three-piece. Perhaps the AU market got slightly different styles than elsewhere? If you post a pic of the tags inside perhaps one of our resident experts could help date the suit.

3. rudals1281

rudals1281 Senior member

Question:
    Where do you guys find these suits for $800??? I can't believe I paid the full price
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...2877459&ab=ln_men_cs2_suits&parentPage=family

Comment:
    I am a 6ft tall 165 lbs and RLBL suits fit me very nicely. I can't find others that fit me as nice as RLBL. But I still can't believe I paid the full price for a black and a navy blue solids. ugh. And as fabric quality goes, I heard that you can tell about the quality by wrinkling it with your hands, hold it, and let it go and if the wrinkles go away rather quickly then it's a good quality cloth. I am no expert so correct me if I am wrong. I wear suits everyday and rotate them and notice that my RLBL suits unwrinkle faster than my Zegna ones. Just a pure observation and I am not making any statement. And I got the $3k Zegna suits not the sport or their other lines.

Speaking of Zegna, I just purchased a Torino cut. Any opinions?

4. chogall

chogall Senior member

Could be have cheaper if you hunt around.

+2. I am 6' and I think my 42R are too short.

5. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Yea, at this point I can really only wear the regulars for less formal occasions without a tie. However when a tie is required it looks like I'm trying to combine a fashion-forward look with a conservative business look and failing on both counts.

6. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

Where in Europe would a RLBL suit be available for 300 euros? Thanks for the tip.

7. TomTom

TomTom Well-Known Member

Talking from a London point of view...I work in the City in a brokerage company and I don't know anyone that owns or even considered buying a RL suit (any line) Not sure why but probably because there a lot of diffrent choices out there and the RL suits are always terribly over priced !!

8. suited

suited Senior member

I was told at the RL store in palm beach that the black label suits now use the same fabric as purple label (this was not a sales pitch either, rather a discussion I was having with an SA I'm friendly with). How true that is, I have no idea.

9. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Maybe he means the same mill, not the same fabrics.

SA at Madison said RLBL fabrics are all Holland Sherry. Wouldn't be surprised if it was the same for RLPL.

10. AriGold

AriGold Senior member

Love RLBL still, but I am 6'2" and will need to lengthen sleeves

11. CrimsonSox

CrimsonSox Senior member

I like the shaping of the jackets, both the PRL blazers and RLBL suits. Did you have either taken in, or are the jackets unaltered?