1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Guabello Traveller S

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ollie, May 2, 2006.

1. ollie

ollie Active Member

Hello,

I discovered this forum only a week ago but it provided me already with a lot of answers to questions regarding clothing [​IMG]
    Today I bought a suit over here in Germany wich is made out of a cloth by Guabello. On the lapel it says : Guabello Traveller S, 17.5 Micron.
    The saleswomen told me the fabric wolud be at least a Super 150.
    I am a bit confused now[​IMG] [​IMG] how do S 150 and 17.5 Micron go together?
    I would really appreciate any insights an comments.

Thank you

Ollie

2. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

I think a 17.5 micron would be about a Super 120's, I think. Super 150's is 15 micron. (Zegna brands their Super 150's fabric "15milmil15".) I would say that it doesn't matter so much. A good Super 120's is better than most Super 150's out there. For that matter, I'd prefer some of Carlo Barbera's best Super 100's to most good Super 150's, including all of Zegna's. The only thing you lose is some subtlety of pattern.