• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SonnyUte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was hot as hell today in NC, so the Travelers got the call:
1SUXAhf.jpg

My phone camera can't even these pants - lol.

I'm guessing you have the Saddle Tan, which is a stiffer leather to start with than anything AE or Alden uses. I find the CXL GS uses to be easily equal, and I think they're more careful with their clicking (esp. vs. AE). I think the sole leather is a bit denser than my leather-soled Alden pairs, but damn if they're not wearing like iron. I've got easily 400 miles on my Ottawas and they show barely any wear.
These Dune CXL loafers are a perfect example of loose grain adding character. Mine show a bit more loose grain than yours, but I love them.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These Dune CXL loafers are a perfect example of loose grain adding character. Mine show a bit more loose grain than yours, but I love them.
Agree - nothing bothers me about these at all. They've been great for me this summer!

Dichnotfu

Reaction score
I'd really like to purchase a pair of Grant Stone bluchers but do they really fit that wide? I have no experience regarding american shoe brands but I usually wear 7UK and when I read advice about downsizing I always end up with shoes that are too short for me (despite being okay in width).

Milksteakboiledhard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd really like to purchase a pair of Grant Stone bluchers but do they really fit that wide? I have no experience regarding american shoe brands but I usually wear 7UK and when I read advice about downsizing I always end up with shoes that are too short for me (despite being okay in width).

I'd recommend reaching out directly to the team for sizing help since you don't have any US brands. @GrantStone @Josh Lange

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have been in the Crimson Cap toe boots all day, on my feet. We picked a BUNCH of tomatoes and peppers in our tiny garden, so I have been making about 3 gallons of pasta sauce to freeze today. Plus some jalapeño poppers as long as those peppers were producing. Won't have to buy pasta sauce until about mid February!!!!! The Crimson Cap Toe boots are actually more comfortable now, than they were this morning. I can't explain it, but every pair of Leo lasted boots has done that if/when I spend and entire day on my feet in them. A little water spilled on them washing the cooking dishes, but they are CXL so can handle it :)
IMG_8310.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads