• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
View attachment 1877214

Gave the misses' pair of Noras a quick wipedown with VSC and the same for my dome pair of Ottawas and ... sheesh. We're officially a Grant Stone household lol.

My (stitchdownpatina)dome pair is reaching a new level of patina, since Oct '22. I've don one minimal wipedown with VSC bi-weekly so as to still care for my boots while letting them naturally patina. They are coming along beautifully.

Nice! Wow, biweekly is a whole lot of conditioner on these boots!

I wish there was a men's Diesel model in the black CXL like the Nora, with the natural welt and rubber sole. Especially with the black CXL used on the field boot that is not struck through in the dye process.

klawso9

Reaction score
Nice! Wow, biweekly is a whole lot of conditioner on these boots!

I wish there was a men's Diesel model in the black CXL like the Nora, with the natural welt and rubber sole. Especially with the black CXL used on the field boot that is not struck through in the dye process.

EA8F54B3-AA95-4619-826F-D1D41DDFF5D2.jpeg

I don’t use a ton as I still want to be eligible and don’t want to darken them much if at all by conditioning. I use about this much per boot.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Speaking of conditioning. Silly question, can I use VSC on regular leather dress shoes?

Well, I believe its made for smooth leathers in general. I've used it on leather jackets, car seats, etc, all with good results. I certainly wouldn't hesitate to use it as long as your not talking about suede or something.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@LionsOfMen - here are a couple photos of the 8EEE, 9E and 9.5D as requested in the leo last. It's harder than I thought to get photos that don't distort the boots that aren't in the center. Also, sorry for the poor lighting, it's snowing today so took the photos in the warehouse.
1.jpg 2.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of conditioning. Silly question, can I use VSC on regular leather dress shoes?
I agree with the 'test in an inconspicuous spot' advice, but in general it should be fine for virtually any smooth leather.

I think of VSC as a 'condition and shine' product (so a bit of an all-in-one, as is Saphir Renovateur), vs. Bick 4 which is essentially a straight conditioner. I generally use Bick 4 when I'm doing multi-step things, though shell and the 'Roo leather seem to want some of the solvents you find in the first two to open up and accept the conditioner. YMMV.

Rountreesj

Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison. Is the footbed itself a different one for each model? Or, for example, would a 9.5d and 9.5e use the same footbed and just have more volume in the upper?

I plan to get a 9e traveler and compare it to my 9.5d traveler when I get around to it.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Thanks for the comparison. Is the footbed itself a different one for each model? Or, for example, would a 9.5d and 9.5e use the same footbed and just have more volume in the upper?

I plan to get a 9e traveler and compare it to my 9.5d traveler when I get around to it.
In my experience, different footbed, 9e will be wider everywhere , from forefoot to mid to heel vs 9.5d

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
In my experience, different footbed, 9e will be wider everywhere , from forefoot to mid to heel vs 9.5d

Agreed. I was surprised a little with the Leo recently - went from a 8.5E which fits well, and took a chance on the 9D, which turned out to be a bit too narrow still.

lfzhao5

Reaction score
Agreed. I was surprised a little with the Leo recently - went from a 8.5E which fits well, and took a chance on the 9D, which turned out to be a bit too narrow still.

yea having gone with 9E, 9.5D and now 10D sizing adventure, Ican almost say 9E is almost like 10D volume wise, but not as long, and heel is wider compare to 10D.

I still like 9.5D's snug fit the most, but my mid foot is getting squeezed :(, and 10D is slightly long for the perfect ball alignment, but fits well everywhere else.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was getting ready to reply to @Rountreesj before I saw your reply. I'm not nearly as experienced with the Alexander last, but I don't feel like going down a half and up a width would reward you with a good fit. I'd do whatever Wyatt and the team suggest, but if I were going for a pair I'd wear with socks in that last, I'd bump myself to an E. Alexander feels so...tailored... for me that I struggle at the idea of any less length, which I'd have to think removes volume despite what would be added back by going to E.

Would be interested to hear from @GrantStone on this one - I'd guess it will depend very much on your particular foot - I'm pretty full volume, high-ish arches, the wide-side of D and a solid 12 Brannock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads