• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
I been wearing my navy ptb 3 times a week to try to break it in and alleviate the heel slip. The slip is getting less. I love the navy color so I am determined to make them work one way or another.

The navy Cxl make make an awesome boot as does the navy suede.

0118201605a.jpg
0118201605.jpg

Hotel Cali

Reaction score
First time GS buyer here looking to purchase either the Blucher or the Diesel. How does the leather in black french calf blucher compare to the Diesel black chromexcel ? I know with GS the leathers are very high quality but I like to hear from people who have worn them for a bit in terms of creasing and also in terms of comfort for day to day wear ? I can't make up my mind if I should get the blucher or the boot. Appreciate if you could post photos of these in the wild. Thank you!

Given approximately the same price value, I would take a good boot every time. I feel It is much harder to find good boots over good shoes.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can't wait to see the chelseas. I know it's a ways off, but any idea which leather options will be offered for the chukka?

The chukka is actually not quite ready yet and doesn’t have a firm schedule. It will probably behind most of the others we have recently posted

Those pebbled Traveler's are gonna be awesome.

Sorry! We actually didn’t adopt the pebble grain penny.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What kind of socks do you wear? I’ve never had that issue, unless I’m wearing a synthetic insole.
I always wear cotton or cotton blend socks with my shoes or an occasional wool sock, unless doing intensive work or exercise. I avoid polyester dress socks like the plague, though I also don’t buy high end socks. Those today were Gold Toe. Now cotton socks don’t wick moisture once they are wet, but they do breathe well. Leather shoes always seem to absorb moisture and stay wet unless I’m just sitting at a desk all day.

BrandonF

Reaction score
I always wear cotton or cotton blend socks with my shoes or an occasional wool sock, unless doing intensive work or exercise. I avoid polyester dress socks like the plague, though I also don’t buy high end socks. Those today were Gold Toe. Now cotton socks don’t wick moisture once they are wet, but they do breathe well. Leather shoes always seem to absorb moisture and stay wet unless I’m just sitting at a desk all day.

In my opinion, cotton is your problem. I would highly recommend merino wool socks, such as Darn Tough. I wear their light crew socks which are a similar thickness as normal dress socks. You can literally wear them for days without odor or moisture issues. They also don’t chafe or give me blisters like normal dress socks. Since they’re wool, they keep you feet color in summer and warm in winter.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@BrandonF Thanks for the tip. I wear Smartwool and Icebreaker merino wool socks hiking and they are nice but my feet sweat all the same. My experience with wool dress socks has been negative, they made my feet sweat even more. I’ll give Darn Tough a try next.

TheWolf

Reaction score
@BrandonF Thanks for the tip. I wear Smartwool and Icebreaker merino wool socks hiking and they are nice but my feet sweat all the same. My experience with wool dress socks has been negative, they made my feet sweat even more. I’ll give Darn Tough a try next.

DarnTough socks are great. I am actually going to pick some more up today. My brother knows that I have long said, were I infinitely rich, I would wear a new pair of socks daily. There is just nothing like the nice tight new sock. He bought me a couple of pairs of DarnTough socks a couple of years ago, and they are still the first socks I grab after I do laundry. They apparently have a great warranty too.
They do seem to help with the sweaty foot. I have also used Zero Sweat products and they are amazing for decreasing perspiration. I have sensitive skin, and the original would occasionally give me a sore area in my underarms, but their new sensitive skin formulation has not at all. This is assuredly TMI and outside the scope of GS, but pit stains are a thing of the past completely now. They also have a lotion that you can use on hands and feet (although I am sure the original formula would work too.)

Turns31

Reaction score
I was in the market for crew length wool boot socks and just happened to stumble across these at my local Nordstrom Rack.
They're not too thick, breathable and MiUSA. Also, they're the perfect height. I always hated that wool socks had to try and go up over my calf. It just wasn't necessary for the boots I wear. These ones go up about 1" higher than the top of my Iron Rangers. Liked them so much I bought 6 pairs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads