• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought you meant the site didn’t load. The MTO doesn’t load for me either.

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last Friday - Rothschilds on the round deco last, beluga patina.

26266560_191860891554692_7412480272853106688_n.jpg

GGSavileRow

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
G&G does a great job maintaining the proportions and balance of the look; however, for me, I can definitely notice a D vs. E vis a vis E vs. F. It feels loose.

Sorry don't have actual dimensions...

When we go up in width we're talking about a quarter of an inch around the whole shoe. Of course length is kept the same as that is a matter of size.

What happenend with Nick? Emailed with him December about an issue I had with a pair, now inquired about MTO - he didn't respond for a week, now realized his email is no longer listed on the website and MTO section is "under construction". Also GG link from bespoke England no longer works ...

https://www.gazianogirling.com/pages/made-to-order is the updated link that lists all the MTO options (it was based on the original Bespoke England website MTO page). It's under construction at the moment, I guess being updated.

We're currently working on the Made to Order site. Should you need anything please email us [email protected]. The process will be a bit more manual for the time being but don't worry; everything is in perfect working order and we're still most happy to tend to all your shoe needs.

c21ban

Reaction score
No problem dealing with the store directly if you have an idea of what you want. However, it helped that I could reference the forum and ask questions of those who have better knowledge than I.

c21ban

Reaction score
So the more I thought about my MTO and after much thought after hearing from the great folks here on the forum, I ended up going with the Isham on leather sole. The fact that I have never seen a shoe from G&G on a Wensum sole and with additional guidance by Neus, I changed my order.

Funny how one can be so indecisive over a pair of shoes! I make snap decisions at work every day that affect many and can’t seem to come to grips over what shoe to choose. :brick: Think I will just order a pair of boots with Wensum soles as that should take care of any weather issues.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the more I thought about my MTO and after much thought after hearing from the great folks here on the forum, I ended up going with the Isham on leather sole. The fact that I have never seen a shoe from G&G on a Wensum sole and with additional guidance by Neus, I changed my order.

Funny how one can be so indecisive over a pair of shoes! I make snap decisions at work every day that affect many and can’t seem to come to grips over what shoe to choose. :brick: Think I will just order a pair of boots with Wensum soles as that should take care of any weather issues.
There is no wrong decision you need to have single leather, double leather & wensum sole. So no worry my friend your work activity is like mine, so you are good to go in all aspect. Plus it’s nice to have all options & you want to show off that fiddle waist that only shines in leather sole :)

c21ban

Reaction score
There is no wrong decision you need to have single leather, double leather & wensum sole. So no worry my friend your work activity is like mine, so you are good to go in all aspect. Plus it’s nice to have all options & you want to show off that fiddle waist that only shines in leather sole :)

Agreed!

jrb666

Reaction score

Neus provides excellent advice and knows what she's talking about. You're in good hands there.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads