• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

c21ban

Reaction score
Neus provides excellent advice and knows what he's talking about. You're in good hands there.

Yes SHE does! Not sure if that was a typo but Neus is a woman. Just thought I would clarify for those who have not had the opportunity to speak with her. Honestly, I too assumed a man would come on the line but was pleasantly surprised. Nothing against you guys out there but a pleasant voice with a British accent who knows her product (doesn’t get much better than that)!

heelguy

Reaction score
Thinking of doing something in Chestnut Hatch but not sure what to do. Have an Arran in Rioja Hatch (which I sort of regret not doing in Chestnut Hatch). Open to suggestions.

ShooIn

Reaction score
Thinking of doing something in Chestnut Hatch but not sure what to do. Have an Arran in Rioja Hatch (which I sort of regret not doing in Chestnut Hatch). Open to suggestions.
I've always been keen on the Burnham in a Chestnut hatch, my shoe funds need to recover from the incoming Caldwell GMTO before I get back into thinking about these.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6BDB8736-6132-4077-985C-3D5355BCA0E1.jpeg

Chestnut Hatch Grain Burnham are definitely very nice. I love mine & I highly recommend them !!

jrb666

Reaction score
Yes SHE does! Not sure if that was a typo but Neus is a woman. Just thought I would clarify for those who have not had the opportunity to speak with her. Honestly, I too assumed a man would come on the line but was pleasantly surprised. Nothing against you guys out there but a pleasant voice with a British accent who knows her product (doesn’t get much better than that)!

Thanks. It was a typo - now corrected.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I just submitted my order to G&G:

St. James II
Square Deco Last
Vintage Rioja
Single Leather Sole
Medium Brown Edge
UK 10.5E

Please give me some advice on the sizing of the Deco Last. Is it the same as the other G&G lasts or do I need to order a bigger width?

Thanks.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

St. James II
Square Deco Last
Vintage Rioja
Single Leather Sole
Medium Brown Edge
UK 10.5E

Please give me some advice on the sizing of the Deco Last. Is it the same as the other G&G lasts or do I need to order a bigger width?

Thanks.
I take same size for all gg last etc 8.5uk regular width.

c21ban

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

St. James II
Square Deco Last
Vintage Rioja
Single Leather Sole
Medium Brown Edge
UK 10.5E

Thanks.

Congrats!

Now the wait begins

c21ban

Reaction score
Ordered a pair of boots in mid November and hoping to have by mid March. May be wishful thinking but I am told that all should be on track. Ttown can probably give a little better perspective on the process but 4-5 months sounds close.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Grief thats a long wait....

What is the general consensus regarding the Warwick model?

It basically everything I want just not a St. James...and its in stock, in my size...
4 to 5 month is general time for mto. If you don’t want st James 2. War Wick will work as long as you are happy with it. But will say this though St James 2 is one iconic shoe !!

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good Grief thats a long wait....

What is the general consensus regarding the Warwick model?

It basically everything I want just not a St. James...and its in stock, in my size...

The Warwick and St James are similar in the sense that they're both captoes with brogueing. But having owned both, the differences that initially appear small do tend to affect how often they featured in rotation. My advice is if you want the Warwick because you like its aesthetic, get it - it's a fantastic shoe. But if you get the Warwick because it's an immediately-available proxy for the shoe you REALLY want, you probably will end up still wanting to get the shoe you really want anyway, and so you need to factor in that possibility.

That's not to say that it's a complete waste, particularly if you're looking to build a collection of G&G's over the long term. I bought the Warwicks, but eventually swapped out them for what I really wanted - a deco Cliffe in vintage rioja. The value in getting the Warwick first was that I wore it for a year or so, and really understood how G&G deco-lasted shoes work with my foot over time - going straight to a full deco Cliffe would have been a shot in the dark with the risk of making a very expensive mistake if I'd been off on the sizing. Neus and the excellent team at G&G are very good at advising on likely fit, but at the end of the day the only person who can really decide what fits well is the person actually wearing the shoe.

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Warwick and St James are similar in the sense that they're both captoes with brogueing. But having owned both, the differences that initially appear small do tend to affect how often they featured in rotation. My advice is if you want the Warwick because you like its aesthetic, get it - it's a fantastic shoe. But if you get the Warwick because it's an immediately-available proxy for the shoe you REALLY want, you probably will end up still wanting to get the shoe you really want anyway, and so you need to factor in that possibility.

That's not to say that it's a complete waste, particularly if you're looking to build a collection of G&G's over the long term. I bought the Warwicks, but eventually swapped out them for what I really wanted - a deco Cliffe in vintage rioja. The value in getting the Warwick first was that I wore it for a year or so, and really understood how G&G deco-lasted shoes work with my foot over time - going straight to a full deco Cliffe would have been a shot in the dark with the risk of making a very expensive mistake if I'd been off on the sizing. Neus and the excellent team at G&G are very good at advising on likely fit, but at the end of the day the only person who can really decide what fits well is the person actually wearing the shoe.
I agree with this completely. I also bought the warwicks initially to nail down my size on the deco last as its the RTW model and kept them. I eventually added many shoes/boots on the deco last after i was confident that the deco last will work for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads