• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

shoewizz

Reaction score
I am rather new to shoe care in general, and wonder what other people do for their sneakers. Does anyone use leather conditioner on their sneakers? How do you care for your sneakers with unusual leather colors or other uncommon shoe materials (like those Valentino sneakers with wool)? Any other comments/tips?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is the process of repairing crepe soles (4-year old pair of CP boots). I don't know what kind of welt they use, but basically the entire heel of them has worn down to about 1/8 of an inch. Is it just kind of scrapped off the wood/leather part and a new one is glued on? Pretty easy to get done?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seems fine? Were you expecting no fee's?
Also, would 10.5 Hender schemes fit a US12 (Nike), IT44 (common pros)? The AIr force 1's or Jordan 4 models of it makes a difference.

mer6

Reaction score
Pic from this weekend waiting for the metro - two takes on the prototypical chuck: Common Projects Tournament Captoe Hi & Visvim Kiefer Nez Hi Pierce

Last edited:

ertu

Reaction score
Should I go for the Kent Wang's for $90 or pay more than double for the Common Projects?

Here are the Kent Wang's I am interested in:

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would you rather have a shiny golden serial number or a second pair of shoes?

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See also: Buttero and Diemme.

CPs are too much work to break in. I'm convinced half of the people with them are wearing the wrong size.

ertu

Reaction score
Are these shoes Common project Achilles Low sneakers? They dont look like it, quite flimsy. what is the name of the shoe?

also, can anyone figure out the size (faded gold lettering)

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guise I dunno what other sneakers I should buy, got suggestions? I don't want Rick, CP, Guieseppe, Balenciaga

Currently I have Valentino, Margiela, Lanvin, Saint Laurent

Haven't bought new pair in 3 months and I miss the feeling of opening a brand new box of sneakers.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads