• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OtterMeanGreen are you telling us about your new knife yet? Or did I already miss it?
You missed it by a mile :fonz:

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
Here is my carry knife today: Bark River EDC Elmax
Great knife. I have a few Barkies. I like them a lot. In fact, I participated in their Grind-In last fall. I had been meaning to do that for seven years and finally got it done. Not to further derail this thread but I should find the two I "made" while there. I'm very pleased with them. I highly recommend the Grind-In experience if you like knives.

Last edited:

DuckMan_11

Reaction score
I picked up the BR that I posted today at a shop in Crystal Falls MI last month. I think it was the crystal falls trading company. The owner was in and told me how him and his late brother opened the store. They had a good selection of outdoor items. I picked up a camo Stormy Kromer vest as well.

So-33

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Picked this Excursion bag up at the Filson Outlet store today.
The bag is no longer manufactured.
Wasn't looking for another but, I liked the size, the pocket setup, the wet storage sleeve and mesh side pouch.
Much more user friendly than my medium duffle. First tin cloth bag for me.
I plan to use it for my going to beach bag. Room for mask and flippers, towels and sandals.
This appears to be a well engineered tool of a bag,
Much more intricate that the basic duffel and still made in USA.
Please, have more understanding than my wife.

pnwprice

Reaction score
130A221E-A55F-4A52-8FA8-808EFBAF56E8.jpeg

Finally some camping this week up in Olympic National Park. Love carrying my old talon FRD rucksack hiking, and the others were summer sale purchases that got some quick use. (Cinder duffle and mackinaw red log carrier).

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
You missed it by a mile :fonz:

Looks good. Now that Im done fiddling with my Bugout, it makes me want to build a Para 3.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Now that Im done fiddling with my Bugout, it makes me want to build a Para 3.
Thanks. I can give you any of the sources I used for my build if you're interested. Even in its stock form the Para 3 is such a good knife, a definite improvement from the Paramilitary 2, which many found to be too large for EDC use.

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
Thanks. I can give you any of the sources I used for my build if you're interested. Even in its stock form the Para 3 is such a good knife, a definite improvement from the Paramilitary 2, which many found to be too large for EDC use.
Still hate the spidey hole and the overall shape. But I would do a copper scale and acid washed blade I think.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.