• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Stratkat

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying. The Buck 112 is big and heavy for a folder. So is the slightly smaller 112. That's why I like the 055 that OMG mentioned and is shown in my picture above. It has all the styling of the 110, but is easily carried in the pocket and features the sturdy and reliable Buck back lock.
Several times I’ve gone to Bucks site and build a custom, always stop though. I guess GEC answers the call for me.

Rymanocerous

Reaction score
I like it. I am actually contemplating a Chris Reeve large Sebenza 31 wth micarta (black, I think, or natural), and adding a custom full backspacer, which I really don't understand NOT being a standard aftermarket part.

I wish that more companies used micarta. It's so much more durable than G10 or carbon fiber, both of which chip fairly easily, even with fairly light use. These days, it's micarta or titanium scales for me. I hate chipped scales, that can wear on your hand.

My usual knife in the pocket for random uses and fidgeting is the Benchmade Anthem, but I just got hold of this fixed blade that is serious business. It has no place in a pocket though:

Winkler Crusher Belt Knife with sculpted black micarta scales:
View attachment 1433123
That handle looks like it would be supremely uncomfortable.

Sebenza, I have always wanted one. They are also so plain, but the want it real.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I essentially started about a month and a 1/2 agone and i have gotten a couple of test for a whole of $2,200...this is the bestcall I made amidst pretty some time! "grateful to you for giving Maine this incredible possibility to profit from home. This similarly cash has changed my existence in such an excellent measure of courses, to the point that, bypass on you!".......GOOD LUCK Click this Below connect .go to this site home media tech tab for more detail thank you............

HERE☛ xurl.es/1ezxk
Gary.jpg

Edit: Well that certainly was weird. Never seen a spammer on this thread before....that must mean we're growing :lol:

Stratkat

Reaction score
This is another cool knife, Lon Humphrey. I’m not a fixed blade guy, but it’s so pretty!

Stratkat

Reaction score
Since the topic has shifted. Here are three of my EDCs. Buck 505 Knight. Opinel no 7 and a Kershaw Launch.
Of the three, I carry the Buck the most as it’s just a fun little knife for boxes and stuff.
Ah, the Opinel, another iconic knife!

A JEDI IM

Reaction score
This is another cool knife, Lon Humphrey. I’m not a fixed blade guy, but it’s so pretty!
Ohhh. I really like that a lot.

Shame on you, Stratkat. Now you have me thinking about knives. I mean really thinking about knives. I need another knife even less than I need another Filson bag!

That IS so pretty though. It has really struck a chord with me. Thanks for sharing it.

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My EDC knife, about 20 yrs old and still holds an edge rather well. I carry it in left front pocket every day, box opening and stuff like that is it's purpose. It is a Buck "Gentlemen's" knifeView attachment 1433141
Your Gentleman's knife is the exact same size as my 505 Knight. It's a nice handy little knife that works great for daily carry.

linablair

Reaction score
I love my vintage Filson's, but could not resist picking up one of these red duffles at a great price. What a cool piece! Your photo captures it nicely...I agree about the leather too..just gorgeous.

BTW also picked up a sepia bandera backpack at a killer price and have completely incorporated that into my daily computer/business file bag...just loving this new Filson stuff!!

Seems to be the pattern around here: collection grows the more you read this forum....hehe!!
I would agree that there's a bit of orange in the mackinaw red twill. A deeper red would be nice, but I really like the mackinaw red twill as is, especially with the lighter leather. Here's a pic of the red twill tote next to the orange twill tablet case. I've got the red open tote, small duffle and bandera backpack - all great for a weekend trip if I want to match 'em up.

Attachments

nevadabob

Reaction score
Some of my edc. At least once a week one of these tools comes in handy.85419616-4ED8-4F7E-BBF9-D5790B3A8987.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.