• We would like to welcome Overt Skincare as an official Affiliate Vendor. Overt is a different kind of skincare company that’s transforming the industry through transparency, efficacy, and charity. After a positive reaction as a guest of Epaulet (one of our stalwarts) Overt decided to join our ranks. This is the first skincare line to have an official presence on Styleforum, and we are very excited to have them on board. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Must be a Tote kind of day. In my daily eBay search I found an abundant amount of a variety of Filson totes, all from one seller. This guy is like the @GzStudio or @TinMan3 of Japan it seems. These were only a few that caught my stare.

1. Never seen this one before, love the contrasting colors (Otter Green, Tan, Navy & even Orange). The Otter Green Pockets are my favorite part.

Tote Tri Color.PNG

2. Not a unique Tote but equally as cool. For some reason both the Title and Description fail to mention just how rare this one is. Judging by the interior shot, this one appears to be the Brooks Brother's Journeyman with Tartan (No rivets though). Priced pretty fairly too.

BB Tartan.PNG

3. Back to Totes. I don't believe I have ever seen this pattern before. It does feature the Motto Tag and the price seems pretty reasonable too.

Tote Plaid.PNG

4. The final Tote is the #260 and the leather appears to be of the Talon Era. Again, the price seems rather low for it's condition and rarity. I like mine better though thank you very much.

Tote 260.PNG

TinMan3

Reaction score
Must be a Tote kind of day. In my daily eBay search I found an abundant amount of a variety of Filson totes, all from one seller. This guy is like the @GzStudio or @TinMan3 of Japan it seems. These were only a few that caught my stare.

1. Never seen this one before, love the contrasting colors (Otter Green, Tan, Navy & even Orange). The Otter Green Pockets are my favorite part.

View attachment 1391484

2. Not a unique Tote but equally as cool. For some reason both the Title and Description fail to mention just how rare this one is. Judging by the interior shot, this one appears to be the Brooks Brother's Journeyman with Tartan (No rivets though). Priced pretty fairly too.

View attachment 1391486

3. Back to Totes. I don't believe I have ever seen this pattern before. It does feature the Motto Tag and the price seems pretty reasonable too.

View attachment 1391489

4. The final Tote is the #260 and the leather appears to be of the Talon Era. Again, the price seems rather low for it's condition and rarity. I like mine better though thank you very much.

View attachment 1391494
This guy has some AWESOME stuff. Some stuff that I have never seen which I don’t say often. He’s asking a premium for them, and most of his stuff is pretty far off the mark, but overall, I agree that this is certainly an unusual seller with great stuff. Lot of vintage as well. I believe the first tote and the backpack were brooks brothers exclusives actually.

nevadabob

Reaction score
I hate to disagree with my man tinman3, but I think that first tote was generally Filson "mass-produced" rather than for a specific retailer and is a cousin to the Filson Large Zip Tote, which I have always liked, but have never been able to get my hands on.

Edit: the google machine has this review for you...complete with mention of Filson's awesome "Briddle" leather.

Second edit: "Briddle" leather reminded me of some ebay listings I see calling Filson leather "Bridal" leather which, I must admit, I wish I would have had some on my wedding night!

nevadabob

Reaction score
Fellas, and you linablair,

I must admit, my newest obsession is with a company called Oxford Pennant out of Buffalo, New York. I've got a handful of its banners/flags and a couple of patches. I believe Oxford sells a mug or a sticker or something that says "I wish I'd never heard of Oxford Pennant." I used to wonder what that meant, but now I'm about ready to buy one of whatever-that-was.
IMG_0523.JPG
Here are a couple of patches I'm thinking of adding to some totes. What say you?

linablair

Reaction score

I must admit, my newest obsession is with a company called Oxford Pennant out of Buffalo, New York. I've got a handful of its banners/flags and a couple of patches. I believe Oxford sells a mug or a sticker or something that says "I wish I'd never heard of Oxford Pennant." I used to wonder what that meant, but now I'm about ready to buy one of whatever-that-was.
View attachment 1391920
Here are a couple of patches I'm thinking of adding to some totes. What say you?
Oxford Pennant makes some very cool stuff! A few years ago, I ran across a series of patches Best Made Co. put together - 10 or 12 different flies. I bought one of each and put a patch on most of my Filson bags - some in more visible locations than others. I feel like it gives them a bit more character, makes them cohesive when I carry more than one and makes them more easily identifiable. Or, I'm rationalizing and just like it... I visited my brother last weekend and took my red small duffle and tote, both of which were gifts in the past year. I say go for the patches!

Attachments

linablair

Reaction score
I hate to disagree with my man tinman3, but I think that first tote was generally Filson "mass-produced" rather than for a specific retailer and is a cousin to the Filson Large Zip Tote, which I have always liked, but have never been able to get my hands on.

Edit: the google machine has this review for you...complete with mention of Filson's awesome "Briddle" leather.

Second edit: "Briddle" leather reminded me of some ebay listings I see calling Filson leather "Bridal" leather which, I must admit, I wish I would have had some on my wedding night!
The Large Zip Tote is a nice piece. I really like the size and the longer handles. This one was also a gift - I wish it had some navy on it, as I've got a few navy bags in my regular rotation (but not as many as @danfilsondill).

Attachments

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FilsonDude

Reaction score
@TinMan3 was partially right about that tote @mgrennier Brooks Bro’s had one as an exclusive but only in a certain colorway similar to the Journeyman having plaid as an exclusive product. There was also an exclusive Medium Field bag from what I remember

TinMan3

Reaction score

View attachment 1391920
I’m thinking I love that denim tote!! And the heavy tin which I have experienced first hand it also incredible. Is there any meaning behind the patches for you? I think of a patch sort of like a tattoo. It’s a statement that you want to make and I would certainly be that annoying person that would ask you about what it means to you :)

nevadabob

Reaction score
New Smokey Bear gear listed on Filson's site! Look under new arrivals. Hopefully more to come...

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering this is Memorial weekend, I expect you guys to be posting some Filson pictures of the bags you chose for the long holiday. I’ll start us off. Considering I am going home to my parents until Tuesday, that means I am bringing all of my laundry, so no use for an empty MTB. So i went with my Talon 260 & my 1st Edition Journeyman:

670E0566-3A09-4624-B9E2-72555425308F.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.