• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have more navy bags in your collection than do most Filson stores!
Congratulations to @mgrennier for reaching his Distinguished Member status! What’s even more impressive is that Mgrennier has spent all 1,000 posts with us here at our Filson discussion, and that is very cool and i think it shows a dedication to the brand itself. He’s part of a very small club who have also achieved that. There’s always gotta be a first and that was myself, actually posted 2000 times here before exploring other offerings at StyleForum. @Soletrane followed me, then came @speedy611 , and now Mgrennier. Next up is @TinMan3 . Looking forward to seeing that.

I found a great group of guys at Cars We Drive thread, but they are nowhere near as close of a group as we have here. Many of us have met in person and I absolutely love that Filson has brought so many of us together!!

Last edited:

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to @mgrennier for reaching his Distinguished Member status! What’s even more impressive is that Mgrennier has spent all 1,000 posts with us here at our Filson discussion, and that is very cool and i think it shows a dedication to the brand itself. He’s part of a very small club who have also achieved that. There’s always gotta be a first and that was myself, actually posted 2000 times here before exploring other offerings at StyleForum. @Soletrane followed me, then came @speedy611 , and now Mgrennier. Next up is @TinMan3 . Looking forward to seeing that.

I found a great group of guys at Cars We Drive thread, but they are nowhere near as close of a group as we have here. Many of us have met in person and I absolutely love that Filson has brought so many of us together!!
Otter - this is why we have you here! I never would have even noticed my upgraded 'status'.

Does it come with anything special? Bottle of whiskey? Filson sticker?

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Otter - this is why we have you here! I never would have even noticed my upgraded 'status'.

I’ll tell you what, next time we meetup the cigars are on me buddy

speedy611

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you get a visitation from the ghost of CC Filson himself....

We are glad to have you around sir! I think you and @soltrane were the first replies to my very first post here.

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you get a visitation from the ghost of CC Filson himself....

We are glad to have you around sir! I think you and @soltrane were the first replies to my very first post here.
That's correct. In fact all 3 of you guys joined within a 4 month period and now all have reached the Distinguished Level and are all still around contributing to the forum. I may not have started posting until 2 years after, but I am honored to be apart of such a great group of Filsonado's. Many have came and went over the years, but I'm glad the three of you stuck around. To all the new members, welcome and thank you for furthering the conversation, in your own unique way :fonz:

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's correct. In fact all 3 of you guys joined within a 4 month period and now all have reached the Distinguished Level and are all still around contributing to the forum. I may not have started posting until 2 years after, but I am honored to be apart of such a great group of Filsonado's. Many have came and went over the years, but I'm glad the three of you stuck around. To all the new members, welcome and thank you for furthering the conversation, in your own unique way :fonz:
I just wish I could friggin' travel and USE these Filson bags. I went to the car dealership the other day - partly to get some service done and (mostly) so I could carry one of my bags for a minute...

OtterMeanGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just wish I could friggin' travel and USE these Filson bags. I went to the car dealership the other day - partly to get some service done and (mostly) so I could carry one of my bags for a minute...
Which one was it? Don't tell me...Journeyman? Speaking of which, anyone interested in joining the Riveted Journeyman club? Hope you like Orange

RJ.PNG

CCF1897

Reaction score
Which one was it? Don't tell me...Journeyman? Speaking of which, anyone interested in joining the Riveted Journeyman club? Hope you like Orange

View attachment 1390972
That would not be a bad gear bag for upland hunting. On another note, my Journeyman has been getting use (finally) as a passenger seat bag carrying Lysol wipes, masks, rubber gloves, hand sanitizer etc. Hopefully I can transition it to something else in the near future.

Soletrane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel likewise. Speedy’s pics of an empty London had me nostalgic for when I passed through there several times a year for work (in my old job). Seemingly always with a new Filson piece in tow. But I was still fine with the domestic business trips and a couple of overseas trips in my new job as still opportunities to use my Filson gear. Now with the quarantine and the warm weather means almost zero opportunity to use any bags or coats except my short lined cruiser in the evening (a very light jacket). Even the faithful EDC Filson satchel sits forlorn in the study next to the paper shredder and waste paper basket.

Dad Shoes

Reaction score
I went into London today to see how things were in lockdown. I wanted to see what the cycling was like with empty roads.

London is like New York in that there is always a hum of noise and a sense that something is going on. Not today. Silent, empty streets. The big shopping avenues like ghost towns. Very little traffic. Pretty eerie.
View attachment 1390380
View attachment 1390382

of course I swung past the Filson store. And discovered it has (per rumor), gone. Now a sad empty shop front, all the branding removed, no trace of having been there:
View attachment 1390381
They are still running fine online here, so I guess the rent or location just wasn’t working out. It’s a pity because it’s nice to swing by now and then and look at stuff in person before purchasing.
Wow, sad to see the Filson store gone. I remember seeing it on a prior trip to London. I really wonder what made them close this one down. Obviously profit has to figure in but were Londoners just not interested in the shop or is Filson pulling back from Europe in general? That is such a great street on which to have a shop (or it was when I last visited at least).

linablair

Reaction score

View attachment 1390972
That journeyman would pair well with this orange iPad case I bought six or seven years ago. The old school department store in the small town I lived in carried Filson, which is how I found out about the brand. I often use it for work, going from meeting to meeting. I've also used it to put a fly tying vise and some materials/tools to tie flies with friends. It's the same size as the small grip case meant to carry a pistol. There are certainly less details on the iPad case. If I remember right, the grip case (which I had my eye on) was discontinued shortly before this iPad case came out.

Attachments

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I found small plastic storage boxes to fit my small field bag. The plastic boxes are for fishing stuff ( hooks, leaders, sinkers, etc) and the small field bag can be easily slung over my shoulder for the 1/2 block walk to the lake. Leaving hands free to carry the two rods and the dog leash....I think my summer fishing is going to be fun
IMG_2597.jpeg

mgrennier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel likewise. Speedy’s pics of an empty London had me nostalgic for when I passed through there several times a year for work (in my old job). Seemingly always with a new Filson piece in tow. But I was still fine with the domestic business trips and a couple of overseas trips in my new job as still opportunities to use my Filson gear. Now with the quarantine and the warm weather means almost zero opportunity to use any bags or coats except my short lined cruiser in the evening (a very light jacket). Even the faithful EDC Filson satchel sits forlorn in the study next to the paper shredder and waste paper basket.
Agreed. I find myself considering selling my 257 now as I feel bad that it's sitting there - doing nothing. 'Forlorn' is a word that is very appropo during these times.

Hope all is well, Soletrane- haven't heard from around these parts for a beat.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.