• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Explorations of Questionable Taste: The Pink Sportcoat Thread

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gosling is a Zegna spokesman I think.

1689011267437.png

BlueSteel

Reaction score
A new one from Attolini FW 23-24 collection:

Attolini FW23 24.jpg

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Brooks Brothers had a neat pink linen suit from The Great Gatsby. I keyed in on it instantly but couldn't think of any real occasions to wear it. No one ever invites me to weddings in the Hamptons.

View attachment 1987663
View attachment 1987665

I looked at that thing for a long time when it came out and ultimately decided that if Daisy's going to love me, she's going to have to to love me in white-collar-drone-chic. Besides, it seems like a great way to accidentally out myself as a not a real Oxford man.

So, I heard the used car business was really booming since the pandemic. How you guys finding it?

Killed it so hard in Q2 that I can go full Herb Tarlek with the matching check trousers while flying my new girlfriend Starla and her fourteen year old daughter Kelcii in Business+ class for six days and fight nights at the best all inclusive resort in all of Panama City FL. Comes with vouchers for a free draft beer or house brand liquor with each meal even because she's dating a pacesetter, baby.

Jokes aside, the guy in the pink chore coat with camp collar floral shirt actually kind of has the right idea. Just replace the greasy fat goon with a skinny Italian or Japanese dude in a boater hat, Frank Clegg bag, and Baudoin and Lange loafers and you immediately go from scumbag to Pitti.

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at that thing for a long time when it came out and ultimately decided that if Daisy's going to love me, she's going to have to to love me in white-collar-drone-chic. Besides, it seems like a great way to accidentally out myself as a not a real Oxford man.

Killed it so hard in Q2 that I can go full Herb Tarlek with the matching check trousers while flying my new girlfriend Starla and her fourteen year old daughter Kelcii in Business+ class for six days and fight nights at the best all inclusive resort in all of Panama City FL. Comes with vouchers for a free draft beer or house brand liquor with each meal even because she's dating a pacesetter, baby.

Jokes aside, the guy in the pink chore coat with camp collar floral shirt actually kind of has the right idea. Just replace the greasy fat goon with a skinny Italian or Japanese dude in a boater hat, Frank Clegg bag, and Baudoin and Lange loafers and you immediately go from scumbag to Pitti.

Man, you -are- a pace setter. It must be the pink. It's the only reason you can ABC in your sleep. I knew it, I'm just not committed to the biz enough. Here I am still going Comfort+ and getting only free drinks when I've sat for over an hour at the slots at the Mohegan Sun.

I'm thinking of ordering some Thai silk in Bis Mol for my sportscoat. Thinking a Glenn Plaid pattern would just compliment the subtleties of the Bis Mol shade, especially if it's lime green - you know, super subtle.

Franky In T.O.

Reaction score
I was expecting this thread to go full on #barbiecore :)

While in our minds, a pink suit might be considered "questionable taste", clearly there are examples in this thread that prove one can be of exquisite taste.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered the swatches from Dugdale earlier, just to start getting some handy.

Bateman and Ogden

Cream book - which is apparently ~300gm wool with anti-spill properties

Some patterns:

DD4.jpg

Cream with brown+red checks DD4

DD12.jpg

A very dense gunclub,
Cream with brown+red small check DD12

DD38.jpg

Cream with burgundy DD38

This is an interesting book.

BB28.jpg

The BB book is said to be hopsacks. 290 GMs. This is the red/terracotta, nothing really pink

DP1359.jpg

Subtle Dusty Pink & White / Orange check DP1359

Their "Spice" book has a number of unusual, lower contrast patterns

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads